Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Wire

Knowing my general ignorance with all things TV-related, they might have done. :D

Having watched it, it just didn't seem like an end of season job.

Is it very slow-paced or am I expecting too much?

• Members

Thanks to a good few off here (most notably Maggie), possibly the best thing I have ever watched on TV.

Need to watch it from episode 1, series 1 though. One of the best things about it is that the best two characters are played by Brits.

Rivetting stuff - can't leave it alone once you start.

The best TV ever. Should get its hooks in straight away. It's a tapestry really, there are plot lines introduced in the first episode of series 1 which won't be resolved until the last of the last series. Every character matters, every scene matters, not a second is wasted. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

• Members

The best TV ever. Should get its hooks in straight away. It's a tapestry really, there are plot lines introduced in the first episode of series 1 which won't be resolved until the last of the last series. Every character matters, every scene matters, not a second is wasted. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

The lad ain't wrong.

I'll be honest, after reading this lot wittering on about how good it was, I bought series one second hand off Amazon for fook all and sixpence. Watched the first episode and struggled to get over lots of Afro American folk using the 'n' word and 'mofo' every 30 seconds. Put me off and I was about to bin it when Maggie and others prompted me to go half an episode further. I did and just could not leave it alone after that. Absolutely brilliant in plot lines; acting - everything.

I even love the music from the closing credits!

Don't let the recommendation from Bolty put you off, it's nothing like Alf Garnett :whistle:

I watched the Soparnos from when it first aired but The Wire is a class above, absolutely tip top tv.

I have been shouting about 'The Wire' for years now. Its the best TV ever.

Closesly followed by, Soprano's, Breaking Bad, The Shield.

I have started Soprano's again, on Series 2 now.

Despicable human beings

just got the mad men boxset

watched the first 6 episode of season 1

really like it

no idea why though, nothings happened and If you asked me what I liked about it or what has happend I wouldnt have an aswer.

Odd

You will remember these things...

The phrases

"Shitbird"

"Omar's Coming..."

and the legendary Clay Davis' "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt"! (though he doesn't appear till later in series 3/4)

I had to limit myself to three episodes per night when I bough the box-set. It was that good!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.