Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Wire

When I watched the wire, the mrs nearly threw me out the house for continual overuse of 'sheeeeiiiiiitttt'.

Omar is arguably my favourite tv character of all time. 'You come at the king, you best not miss'.

Seriously, might seem a bit overwhelming at first, but after a few episodes you'll be hooked so everyone should stick with it.

Tv sidenote - sky Atlantic are starting to show Friday night lights as of next month. I know there are a few gridiron fans on here but it is another top show to set the sky+ box for

• Site Supporter

I'd have to concur that 'The Wire' is the best TV i've ever seen.

Don't usually buy box sets, but got the first series of this, and felt the need to buy them all. (Sorry Garrp but it blows Sopranos away)

Enjoying Dexter at the moment (series 3)

I'd have to concur that 'The Wire' is the best TV i've ever seen.

Don't usually buy box sets, but got the first series of this, and felt the need to buy them all. (Sorry Garrp but it blows Sopranos away)

Enjoying Dexter at the moment (series 3)

I got The Wire eventually. Great tv.

Season 2 of The Sopranos and I'm still none the wiser

Big fan of Dexter. Season 4 (Trinity killer) is brilliant

Just started Season 3 of The Sopranos - I like it a lot but still don't think it's quite as good as everybody made out.

Started watching the Wire - turned off after half an hour, but on the strength of what a few of you have said, I'll give it another go.

Also hooked on Breaking Bad and Weeds, which is fitting as they're both based on drugs.

Dexter - watched 4 episodes, decided it's not for me.

Entourage - downloaded and watched half of first episode.

• Members

Just started Season 3 of The Sopranos - I like it a lot but still don't think it's quite as good as everybody made out.

Started watching the Wire - turned off after half an hour, but on the strength of what a few of you have said, I'll give it another go.

Also hooked on Breaking Bad and Weeds, which is fitting as they're both based on drugs.

Dexter - watched 4 episodes, decided it's not for me.

Entourage - downloaded and watched half of first episode.

Follow the advice of the WWays illuminati like I did BCG. You need to get through 1.5 episodes before it grips you and it never lets go after that. I am probably only a few months away from watching the whole thing again.

Rarely have I seen anything so brilliantly acted with a plot line which is chilling, compelling and downright addictive.

• Members

'The Wire' is worth watching if you're prepared to suspend your disbelief throughout, but it's massively overrated in my opinion. If you want to watch something that's genuinely brilliant, check out 'Mad Men'.

I think you might be one of them.

The Wire is Shakespeare for the modern age. Quite simply.

It's beautifully crafted and full of more gore and horror than any Hollywood blockbuster.

I bought the box-set last year and had to wean myself down to two episodes per night.

The best part of the "The Wire" is when things start to dovetail into place in the latter part of series 3 and 4 when it all begins to make sense, and characters from the past pop up again and again.

There are one or two truly shocking moments, but I won't spoil it for the newbies.

It is worth investing time and patience in this series.

• Members

It's a good yarn but that's about it. Wooden acting, clunky script and a plot which has more holes than a tramps vest.

There's always one. Like most on here, I had my doubts about you. This has confirmed it.

Bit of The Wire trivia.

Snoop is so good at playing her part of being a hit (wo)man because...... That was her day job before getting the part.

She reckons the role saved her life.

Pity it didn't save the life of the woman she murdered...

She's a better actor than Dominic 'Scenery Chewer' West though, i'll give her that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.