Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gents Please Clear This Thing Up Thats Been Bugging Me

• Site Supporter

Sometimes it's about being the better/bigger person.

Absolutely. I got on very well with an ex-girlfriend's mum and dad. They were very upset when their daughter fired me off. I still see them occasionally round Harwood and always have time for a chat.

Your Mrs' ex is her ex. His parents or other relations shouldn't be a part of the split.

Man up, become a bit more secure in your relationship and accept that a sympathy card doesn't mean she wants to get back with him.

In all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with it at all. as long as you are both secure about your relationship, why not.

Just because she and her ex are no longer together doesn't mean that the friends she made through the relationship are are any less valid.. She should be able to express her sorrow for their loss to them.

It doesn't mean she wants to go back, it just means she remembers.

That's my take on it

Edited by jazza

Sometimes it's about being the better/bigger person.

hes a cunt traf and im not just saying that. im fairly level headed mate but fuck this has got right on my tits. (he is a cint im not just saying it) :glare:

• Site Supporter

Deary me.

Get a grip!

This is the great thing about NB. My 80 word (ish) answer and her 5 word answer amount to pretty much exactly the same thing.

Brevity; it's the future.

My

whats wrong with it??

obviously very close if they feel the need to

I had my ex sat with me at the front of my brothers funeral as theres just connections that cant be broken

if it ends and you are friends then i can see that and can also relate to it but this didnt finish in owt like happy

• Site Supporter

As I already said. The relationship between your missus and her ex broke down, not the relationship with your missus and the ex's family. You need to understand that some very strong bonds are formed between her and her ex's parents/brothers/sisters, etc. Why would you expect that friendship to break down?

It appears you've already made your mind up, so I'm not sure why you've asked for opinions.

i am a tad brassed off about it :thumbsup: ill be honest.

im letting off steam before i decide what to do. happen i feel strong about it for some reason

My Aunt died in November... she was my last relative... I've nobody left... not as cousin not anyone.

My ex-wife realised that and much though she has been a cunt to me she knew I was all on my own at the funeral and went with me. I respect her for that, she helped me through a really tough day in her way of it. Some things come above personal feelings.

I don't know you or your situation Hughsey, only you know that but don't think bad of her for wanting to help... in my book it means she has kindness in her heart and the fact she is with you says it all.

i am a tad brassed off about it :thumbsup: ill be honest.

im letting off steam before i decide what to do. happen i feel strong about it for some reason

My ex husband looked after my father whilst he was dying more than me and my mum put together.

When I caught him knocking about, I wasn't best pleased. My mother wasn't but she still cared very much for him and nothing could ever break that bond.

Life experience makes lines blur,.

It's your girlfriends choice to send the card & you should have the emotional intelliegence to respect that, not kick off with her.

My ex husband looked after my father whilst he was dying more than me and my mum put together.

When I caught him knocking about, I wasn't best pleased. My mother wasn't but she still cared very much for him and nothing could ever break that bond.

Life experience makes lines blur,.

It's your girlfriends choice to send the card & you should have the emotional intelliegence to respect that, not kick off with her.

i was never gonna do that. her intentions werent bad

i was never gonna do that. her intentions werent bad

Then I suggest you keep your own counsel with your good lady.

It'll gain you brownie points, or at least make you look like one of them modern men who let their women make her own decisions

:D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.