Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

To Those Slagging Coyle

Gorillas Finger

change the f*cking record, he's staying and going no where. we're skint and going down and there is no one better gonna come in our circumstances,been a great run in the prem but for us real fans who have watched us at Carlisle on a Tuesday night in the pissing wet it was always going to come to an end. We're a town team with bigger and richer rivals galore on our doorstep, if you dont like it go and watch Man City.

I've not got any specific suggestions for a replacement, & so don't particularly want Coyle gone right now, but to say 'there is no one better' out there for us is bollocks. Are we honestly saying that not one of the managers in the lower leagues could do better than being virtually bottom of the league?

I also don't subscribe to this 'we've had a great run' thing as though we've got to accept relegation as inevitable.

Other than that I agree with everything - except the bit where you seem to want us to subscribe to an inferiority complex just because there are more successful teams nearby.

change the f*cking record, he's staying and going no where. we're skint and going down and there is no one better gonna come in our circumstances,been a great run in the prem but for us real fans who have watched us at Carlisle on a Tuesday night in the pissing wet it was always going to come to an end. We're a town team with bigger and richer rivals galore on our doorstep, if you dont like it go and watch Man City.

oh dear

• Moderators

This is the shit you get when people use the board as a soap box.

Be interesting to see statistically next time we do play Carlisle, how many who go were there last time we played i.e. the real fans. And I can't remember a Tuesday night game up there so I guess I'm not one of that elite bunch.

Ooh!! this is novel, a thread that mentions real fans zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Moderators

This is the shit you get when people use the board as a soap box.

Be interesting to see statistically next time we do play Carlisle, how many who go were there last time we played i.e. the real fans. And I can't remember a Tuesday night game up there so I guess I'm not one of that elite bunch.

i did a midweek away up there

i thought it was monday and it definitely wasn't pissing down

fair enough hes not going anywhere now, if we go down he has to be shown the door.

I'd have said if we go down he has to stay. Firstly because he got Burnley promoted up to the Prem and I believe would be our best chance of bouncing back.Secondly because we wouldn't be able to afford to sack him.

I'd have said if we go down he has to stay. Firstly because he got Burnley promoted up to the Prem and I believe would be our best chance of bouncing back.Secondly because we wouldn't be able to afford to sack him.

we should of put him on gardening leave in november then and bought him back if we go down

Ok then, he can bring us back, but hes took us down from this league (if he does) so can we get shut after we've got promoted?

cant keep a managet after relegation, certainly for a team thats been in the prem a decade (could do if a new team) be an awful atmosphere every game and if we start off with a loss there would be uproar from the start

Edited by tarian1979