Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dave Higson

Horwich

RIP Dave

Glad he got the recognition with Fantasty Football

Fondest memory of him was when he caught me and MATT(off here) supping cans on kids and flids going away (forrest i think). He repremanded us and took our cans of us then went on the microphone to tell the whole coach that we had been supping and its not allowed. funny as fuck

The last time I saw Dave was at St Mary's Southampton (when we thought we'd signed Rivaldo). He always used to say to me "Give him't Donkey" dating back to the mad days on the Manchester Road North Terrace when we used to rip into the opposition manager and bench.

I believe his 2 favourites were Steve McMahon steaming as his Swindon were stuffed with 7 goals and Peter Withe losing it and trying to get into the crowd when he was managing Huddersfield.

Lovely man, never had a bad word for anyone in the blue and white.

quality jazza

what year was that? 92 ish

Looks like it has all the ingrediants for a belting day out....

Sunny opening August day, little piss pot town / city out in the sticks and a great following.

i can vouch for it being a top day

Would anyone like a rub-off. Pity he never quite made it to watch us in europe - could you imagine his commentary when Vaz Te notched in Guimares.

RIP Dave

I imagine it would have gone a little like this.

"Diiooufff Dioouff what a ding dong doo El Hadji El Hadji oh wait it was Vaz Te"

His commentary was brilliant.

What year was it he lost all that weight?

He seemed to disappear for a while and came back half the size !!

Ive just found the Torquay VHS and the end of year Christmas Goals, wish I knew how to convert to DVD.

They were my part of the settlement instead of the Chinese cigarette case :thumbsup:

What year was it he lost all that weight?

He seemed to disappear for a while and came back half the size !!

Ive just found the Torquay VHS and the end of year Christmas Goals, wish I knew how to convert to DVD.

They were my part of the settlement instead of the Chinese cigarette case :thumbsup:

I can do this.

The last time I saw Dave was at St Mary's Southampton (when we thought we'd signed Rivaldo). He always used to say to me "Give him't Donkey" dating back to the mad days on the Manchester Road North Terrace when we used to rip into the opposition manager and bench.

I believe his 2 favourites were Steve McMahon steaming as his Swindon were stuffed with 7 goals and Peter Withe losing it and trying to get into the crowd when he was managing Huddersfield.

Lovely man, never had a bad word for anyone in the blue and white.

I remember all the manager baiting well, the easiest to wind up was Harry Mcnally then Chester manager, miss them days.

He always used to say to me "Give him't Donkey" dating back to the mad days on the Manchester Road North Terrace when we used to rip into the opposition manager and bench

I remember Joe Royle comparing the supporters in the Manny Road Paddock to inmates from a mental asylum, when we played Oldham in the F.A. Cup!

• Site Supporter

Joe Royle stood up and was shouted at to "SIT DOWN!" by the Manny Rd North. His reaction was to get all the bench to stand, which they did until the Police Inspector at the tunnel walked up onto the grass and told him to sit down.