Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle Interview In Todays Mail

barryk32

• Site Supporter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2108963/Owen-Coyle-interview-Bolton-stay-club-bright-future.html

I got this far.....

?If I go toe to toe with Manchester City and lose I can cope,? says Coyle.

?They have spent ?300million while I am in profit here.

Excuses already being made I see :angry:

I must say I am getting pretty tired of OCs attitude of if we loose then its okay as long as we put the effort in, last week at Chelsea irritated me in the extreme after the way Birmingham got a draw out of them but the week before against Wigan I was furious ,yet again more excuses.

Whats worse this week he is now pre-empting defeat by making excuses on a Thursday, its not good enough, I like everyone else am fully aware that we will never be contenders but loosing to shit like Wigan is unacceptable, if I thought we had a chance with replacing Coyle I would be leading the mob calling for his head but whats the point with this shower of shite he has put together, we must have the smallest squad with the least options in the league.

To paraphrase.

Coyle's a nice bloke who still wears shorts because he still wants to feel involved. He thinks losing is acceptable as long as youve tried to play nicely and his coah John Henry was a shit player who became a coach because Coyle's his mate and felt sorry for him.

Resign now, you useless twat.

I can't disagree with very much of that. I reckon even his harshest critics would accept that he has the club's best interests very much at heart, and agree that the job he's been given is a big ask.

It's what he does on match day that's the problem.

I can live with us losing to City, too - but not if it's by loads to nil with us contributing nothing more than a kick off and half a dozen restarts.

If all you got from that article was what he said about City, then you haven't really read it properly. Either that or you're just being very selective.

Worryingly I agree with you.

The only issue I have with OC that is not a good job of managing Bolton, the rest including that article I like.

• Moderators

To paraphrase.

Coyle's a nice bloke who still wears shorts because he still wants to feel involved. He thinks losing is acceptable as long as youve tried to play nicely and his coah John Henry was a shit player who became a coach because Coyle's his mate and felt sorry for him.

Resign now, you useless twat.

that's how I read that bit as well

must have fallen out with his brother in law once as well, called him a fat cunt or something

[

i just hope he has a clause in his contract so we can get shot of him at the end of the season if we get relegated along with the useless cunts in the backroom staff.

I think his contract ends in any case at the end of the season, but I am not sure.

It really is quite laughable. Taking credit for saving us from relegation (and then those damn indivual errors have led us right back in it), taking credit for attention to the academy that will bear fruit (and welcoming the board's recently appointed Sammy Lee). Taking credit for being the most enthusiastic man in football (but being balanced about success). Introducing a new model and taking credit for spending money on young players who will improve, not proven talent that in the past gave us short term success ... I would imagine his largest investment is Petrov? and then we have Holden (I'll give him that), Klasnic, Wheater, Mears, Eagles, Blake, Pratley (others?). N'Gog and Alonso may improve but I'm personally not too concerned that he didn't get a tranfer pot of 50 mil (despite his eye for talent). The other young uns that we have invested in have all been developed for the long term benefit of others. Sure, its cheaper than getting older players but still a 'short term fix'.

I get nothing from that article that persuades me that the fella has a clear view of what it is he is actually doing (other than hoping as much as possible that we somehow survive this season, because he really believes it).

[

I think his contract ends in any case at the end of the season, but I am not sure.

It really is quite laughable. Taking credit for saving us from relegation (and then those damn indivual errors have led us right back in it), taking credit for attention to the academy that will bear fruit (and welcoming the board's recently appointed Sammy Lee). Taking credit for being the most enthusiastic man in football (but being balanced about success). Introducing a new model and taking credit for spending money on young players who will improve, not proven talent that in the past gave us short term success ... I would imagine his largest investment is Petrov? and then we have Holden (I'll give him that), Klasnic, Wheater, Mears, Eagles, Blake, Pratley (others?). N'Gog and Alonso may improve but I'm personally not too concerned that he didn't get a tranfer pot of 50 mil (despite his eye for talent). The other young uns that we have invested in have all been developed for the long term benefit of others. Sure, its cheaper than getting older players but still a 'short term fix'.

I get nothing from that article that persuades me that the fella has a clear view of what it is he is actually doing (other than hoping as much as possible that we somehow survive this season, because he really believes it).

You're expressing a different interpretation of the information as coyle I guess - I think most can give him the benefit on transfer policy, saving us from relegation etc etc it's the tactical fuck ups this season that have pissed most folk off

i aint seen the article but if it says what i think then whats the harm we might as well have a go at them blackburn turned up last week and never even tried to make a game of it and still got beat sometimes its better to have the attitude of you think you're good well today you're gonna have to prove it and fuck you we're not lying down to quote an old proverb (better to have tried and failed than never tried at all)