Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Not Cheltenham Related, But...

Traf

Utter wank, both of them.

To put a little meat on the bones of that comment, after last night's knee jerk reaction to sending Spider's kids to the poor house:

Martha's Way didn't seem to over exert itself and looked full of running and is one to keep an eye out for next time.

Ishismart looked like it was being put through a training exercise at the punter's expense. However, this one is lined up for a jumps race at Hereford on Wednesday, so it might have just needed last night's sharpener. It also highlights the dangers of backing older horses on the flat: too inconsistent.

Yet, as we all now: this gambling lark is a marathon, not a sprint and I soldier on.

I'm backing (amongst several others) Bruslini in the 3.55 Uttoxeter today at 4/1, if he's kept restrained early on, he'll have the pace to win this.

I also like the look of Transact in the 3.05 at Newcastle, I've taken 7/2 and it's my Stat of the Day selection over at www.geegeez.co.uk

Edited by Traf

Also, our Geegeez syndicate horse: Khajaaly runs at Wolverhampton tonight.

It runs in a competetive looking seller at 7.20pm. The horse is fit & well and set for a decent show, but it's a tricky race to call, so I'll only be having a small E/W bet on it.

Currently available at 7/1: http://odds.geegeez.co.uk/horse-racing/2012-03-17/wolverhampton/19-50/betting/