Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer

I've spent pretty much every waken minute just refreshing the website and watching skysports news for anything positive! I have to say iam astounded by the reactions of the fans and players from other clubs..it's completely bowled me over! If ever there's a man more than winning this fight it's Fabrice!

• Site Supporter

I've spent pretty much every waken minute just refreshing the website and watching skysports news for anything positive! I have to say iam astounded by the reactions of the fans and players from other clubs..it's completely bowled me over! If ever there's a man more than winning this fight it's Fabrice!

It is the national outpouring of sympathy from clubs normally viewed upon as rivals; some bitter

rivals; that is most affecting my usual ability to put emotions aside. I have read papers, I've read other 'rival' forums. All have led to me choking up with emotion.

Rooting for you Fab.

It is the national outpouring of sympathy from clubs normally viewed upon as rivals; some bitter

rivals; that is most affecting my usual ability to put emotions aside. I have read papers, I've read other 'rival' forums. All have led to me choking up with emotion.

Rooting for you Fab.

It's been the reaction of players that has got me. I guess they're all thinking 'it could have been me' but there is no need for them to publicly show their support for Fabrice. Even Wolves had a message on their pitch side advertising.

Just talking about it bring tears to my eyes. Jusat dropped my 5 year old lad at school (Muamba is his favourite player) and he's asked me if he can write 'Get Well Soon Fabrice' on his vest for football training tomorrow night so he can run round the pitch and show everyone he's thinking of him....had me in floods of tears walking down the street.

Having said that he just doesnt understand why he won't be in the team on Saturday and why I tell him we most likely will never see the poor bloke on a football pitch again.

Not a religious bloke at all but must confess to saying a few words to the big fella before going ot sleep for the last few night

Guest Frandsen08

Fabrice Muamba Update - Monday 19 March, 09.30

Posted on: Mon 19 Mar 2012

Fabrice Muamba Update,

Monday 19 March, 09.30.

Fabrice Muamba's heart condition is stable, but he remains critically ill in intensive care at The London Chest Hospital.

The family is grateful to the media for continuing to respect their privacy at this time.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1004~2664998,00.html

Been reading West Ham's KUMB forum this morning. Had to stop as was getting too choked. Amazing how many of them were saying they'd give up promotion if it meant Fabrice would be okay.

Genuinely touching to hear how so many with no affiliation to him are willing him to be okay.

Come on Fab!!!

• Moderators

it wouldn't be human to not look for chinks of light and my chink is that he's unchanged

no deterioration, i guess, has to be as good as can be hoped at this stage

i'm guessing he's still in the induced coma or whatever they call it

Guest Frandsen08

Been reading West Ham's KUMB forum this morning. Had to stop as was getting too choked. Amazing how many of them were saying they'd give up promotion if it meant Fabrice would be okay.

Genuinely touching to hear how so many with no affiliation to him are willing him to be okay.

Come on Fab!!!

aye done the same, had a look on the oatcake and its similar, think i shall register and say thanks, I'm overwhelmed with the support

it wouldn't be human to not look for chinks of light and my chink is that he's unchanged

no deterioration, i guess, has to be as good as can be hoped at this stage

i'm guessing he's still in the induced coma or whatever they call it

thats what i thought, i think its a way to give everyone awaiting it a bit of an update and more importantly to spread some hope.

Me and my lad watching football all day Saturday, wife went away with daughter.

She come home sunday and asked my son did he have a good "lads day in with dad".

His reply, at 7 years old. "No mum, it was horrible, Muamba is really ill, and im really worried about him"

I walked past a coupla kids playing footy in the street yesterday,a lad and a girl..

Little lad of about 6 says "Yeh and his heart stopped beating for 2 hours and i was really worried"

Little girl of about 7 says " I bet you were"

Lad says "I still am"

It brought a bit of a lump to my throat.

• Moderators

my daughters favourite players are gardner and muamba

yeah, two black lads and two lads who seem really appreciative of all they have - prob cos they had nowt much to speak of without football

true wanderers for whom hard work and graft are second nature

this has always worked for the wanderers faithful

daughter played yesterday morning and was miles away then returned to her room when we got home

she's 17 and this has hit her hard

just sits watching SSN

Heard a cardiologist this morning on Breakfast TV state that his response to coming out of sedation in the next 24/48 hours is crucial.

Fab is a fighter;

He has fought as a young man to establish himself in a foriegn country,

Achieved for himself a good education and established himself as a premier league footballer.

He will fight and win this, his greatest battle.

We all wish you a speedy and total recovery.

From what I've read, his heart stopped for two hours. I'm no expert, but surely the knock on effects from that must be enormous and far reaching?

No one knows the full facts yet, but an important correction has to be made here. They are reporting it took two hours to get his heart beating on its own unaided. The two hours previous it was stimulated to keep going via CPR, defibrillators, and other aided means. So it wasn't stopped for two hours.

We have to be truly thankful that there surely cannot be a better place for this to have happened than somewhere surrounded by medics with one of the countries leading heart hospitals minutes away.

The thought I can't get out of my head is how close we must have been to witnessing this at the Reebok.

Come on Fab!!