Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer

• Site Supporter

No one knows the full facts yet, but an important correction has to be made here. They are reporting it took two hours to get his heart beating on its own unaided. The two hours previous it was stimulated to keep going via CPR, defibrillators, and other aided means. So it wasn't stopped for two hours.

We have to be truly thankful that there surely cannot be a better place for this to have happened than somewhere surrounded by medics with one of the countries leading heart hospitals minutes away.

The thought I can't get out of my head is how close we must have been to witnessing this at the Reebok.

Come on Fab!!

That'll do for me.

Positive stuff. Come on Fab.

• Site Supporter

ive just realised...

i usually record every match that we have live on telly. and even though i watching it, i forgot to do so on saturday.

for that im very glad, as im not sure i would be able top stop myself watching it again.

im also quite glad i didnt go to the game as im not sure i could handle being there, not knowing what was going on.

i know thats probably selfish on my part, for that i apologise.

ive just realised...

i usually record every match that we have live on telly. and even though i watching it, i forgot to do so on saturday.

for that im very glad, as im not sure i would be able top stop myself watching it again.

im also quite glad i didnt go to the game as im not sure i could handle being there, not knowing what was going on.

Not selfish, just completely understandable.

Not at all. I feel exactly the same and was just saying so to a workmate I'm glad I wasn't there.

Same here

Don't normally do public outpourings of grief as I normally find them very shallow and false

This however seems very very different and im sure I'm not the only one still left numb by the whole episode

Come on big fella, fight on, fight on....

Hope to awake to the news we all want

That's prety much 100% where I'm at.

It's just doing my head in, keep reading it.

I'm going for a long walk, i think

I live away from Bolton. At work today people have asked me how i was and told me that they were thinking of me when they heard about fabrice . They have also said they are all thinking of Muamba and praying for a recovery. This is people that have no interest in football what so ever, its very touching.

Everyone (not just the football community) is behind the big man,

I live away from Bolton. At work today people have asked me how i was and told me that they were thinking of me when they heard about fabrice . They have also said they are all thinking of Muamba and praying for a recovery. This is people that have no interest in football what so ever, its very touching.

Everyone (not just the football community) is behind the big man,

Thats because it is NOTHING to do with football, its humanity.

Sport and games are irrelivant, when it comes to life and death.

Been out of the country for a while now and stayed up to watch the game. Utterly shocked and like many have said I dont know the guy but it felt like watchin my best mate out there. Well done to coverage on Star Sports who were really sensitive, Howard Webb, and the Spurs fans especially. Brought me to tears seeing them chanting his name like that. Also really choked by all football worlds response to this tragedy. Football as one.

Get well soon Fab lad, the whole world is rooting for you!

Much as it was distressing that it happened in so public a place, it could hardly have happened in a better place. Medical

staff were on the scene & a cardiologist was in the crowd. Had he been out walking the dog or asleep in bed I fear the consequences

would have been much worse than they currently are. They call it the call golden hour with head & heart trauma, in that is critical

that medical attention is given during this time, well Fab had medical attention in seconds not minutes. That gives me

cause for optimism.. The lad has been a fighter all his life lets hope & pray that he can win his biggest battle.

P/S A few big thank you's are owed to the Spurs fans on Saturday who were pure class, to all the players, clubs & fans who showed there respect over the weekends other matches & finally to all those from other clubs ( across the globe ) & the public as a whole who have posted messages of support on message boards. Lets hope our thoughts & prayers are answered.

Come on Fabrice, you can do it.

we are currently have a mass whip round at work to buy a shirt and sign it with messages. All spare money is going to charity

Is anyone aware of any collections being taken by the club on his behalf? I would much rather he/his family choose where it goes than me.

• Members

Watched it live on Setanta down here. Still stunned. Moved by the reaction of the Spurs fans. Kent used the term 'restored my faith in humanity'. Couldn't improve on that.

I have been inundated with messages down here from (mainly) Spurs and Hammers fans plus a curious collection of Aussies who generally take the piss out of 'soccer' but felt compelled to pass on their best wishes.

Amazing and humbling.

The world is with you Fabrice.

That's prety much 100% where I'm at.

It's just doing my head in, keep reading it.

I'm going for a long walk, i think

7.5 miles and my head's no clearer.

All my thoughts are with Shauna & Joshua.

#comeonfab

• Site Supporter

I was in Dublin this weekend when I heard the news of Fabrice, it pretty much stunned me all weekend. Its fantastic to see how the country in general has responded to it, the support has been incredible. Lets just hope we see Fab up and about soon enough and well enough to be in attendence at Reebok.

Come on Muamba - you can do it fella