Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Man Utd Fanzine Cover

Spider

And another fucking thing whilst we're talking about Grief Junkies, Munich and the sympathy it generated made United what it is today. Big fuck off fact.

I wonder how much they got from AIG to have their logo on the Munich memorial flag.

• Moderators

can't say I'm arsed

fishing trip? maybe, they've heard munich stuff from us for years

there did though seem to be a bandwagon last week of folk wanting to wish him well - which is fine, so long as you get his name right and that, which many on twitter didn't, Gary Lineker for example

would i have cared as much had been a player for someone else? probably not, we did our bit for our player though, so not arsed what anyone else thinks about the situation

Where Muamba is different I suppose, is that it was a tragedy in the making but there was a glimmer of hope.

News agencies and journalists love the developing story. It grabs people's attention. Hence the publicity/tweets etc feeding each other.

And now it looks like he's gonna make it, even if he never plays football again. We have a rarity, a happy ending.

The story, for everybody else anyway, will end rapidly from here on

• Site Supporter

The sympathy stops the moment his chance of survival isn't in the balance.

Hell, I've even heard city fans telling someone that Foe's Cardiac Arrest must have been much more massive than Muamba's.

• Site Supporter

Personally, I think they're having a dig at the media. And scousers. The reaction has been massive and it was always going to be assessed in some way.

I don't actually think it's a pop at us.

However, Smiffs is on the money - they are a global franchise thanks to a tragedy involving players, so can fuck off, ultimately.

I think that Micky is right, now that Muamba is "on the mend" people will soon stop being arsed. Once tomorrows cup game is out of the way normal service will be resumed and the temporary Bolton/Muamba "love in" will cease for anybody not connected to the club

• Moderators

Munich happened what, 54 years ago. It should have zero impact on some someone who wasn't born then. There is no comparison to Muamba.

It was only 13 years after the end of WW2. Anyone who grieves more for those involved just because they represented their football team more than the millions lost in WW2 has a screw loose.

Munich happened what, 54 years ago. It should have zero impact on some someone who wasn't born then.

Bollocks.

My dad wasn't even around in 1946 let alone me, but I'd not stand for anyone laughing at all those Bolton fans dying.

• Moderators

Personally, I think they're having a dig at the media. And scousers. The reaction has been massive and it was always going to be assessed in some way.

I don't actually think it's a pop at us.

yep

I think that Micky is right, now that Muamba is "on the mend" people will soon stop being arsed. Once tomorrows cup game is out of the way normal service will be resumed and the temporary Bolton/Muamba "love in" will cease for anybody not connected to the club

yep

They also claim to have no feelings whatsoever for little Bolton; much too small a fish.

Oh really?

same old "like us and bury" comment

some local fans may have an opinion, doubt the utd fans beyond a 30/40 mile radius will care too much about us

• Moderators

Bollocks.

My dad wasn't even around in 1946 let alone me, but I'd not stand for anyone laughing at all those Bolton fans dying.

It wasn't fans than died in the Munich disaster.

Edited by Carlos

Fuck em everyone knows yernited fans are cunts! I generally find its a certain kind of character that 'follows' them. Fuck all morals and know fuck all about football other than what they see of united in the pub!