Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Man Utd Fanzine Cover

Spider

When fans do the Munich songs its getting at the scum fans of theirs. Yes its disrespectful of the dead but like Carlos said its 54 years ago. The united fans sing songs of the turkish killing the two leeds fans and of Hillsborough.

TBH I dont care what they say about Muamba as hopefully he will make a full recovery (might not be able to play again but you never know).

Its been a wonderful response from the football world and thats what matters; BWFC have benefitted from this terrible incident and hopefully we will kick on now and our own fans will stand up to be counted.

lets have some balance, united players and fans observed a minutes applause at the wolves game.

now i bet there are loads of people who have been surprised/amazed by the level of reaction to the FM incident.

rather than wondering what the editor of something i would never read may or may not be trying to say do nt let that take away from how 99% of people have reacted, how club, players, management and fans have pulled together.

if you go on a lot of sites now there are people saying it is had been an incredible story but now it is time to focus on something else, as sad as it maybe the fact FM has made such an incredible recovery is now old news, the long weeks/months he has ahead trying to get back to some normality will only be rememberred by those closest to him.

as a club gartside is talking about sticking by him , i hope the fans do the same and remember singing his name at games for the rest of the season is not about being king of the mourners it is about supporting one of our own. if other people can not see that wont worry me, i wont be doing for them.

BWFC have benefitted from this terrible incident.

I wouldn't say that. We've lost one of our only two half decent defensive midfielders for the foreseable future.

(Great post Ani btw)

Edited by DazBobParr

I would say you have benifited from it, but only in a good way.

I am not on the wind up here, but most people I know not from Boloton have a view of the fans as scruffy skin head thugs, that are a bit backward, and dis-respectfull.

Now this whole Muamba thing, has made who I know think that maybe the above is not true (apart from the scruffy part), and you are coming out of this, as a good family club, with good value's.

Maybe in times of deperation / mourning / grieving or whatever you want to call it, people's true side come out.

Like TSO / Anewman being a racist thug that hates Woman and Jussi, to be an actual nice man, good dad, with fellings ! :blum:

coming from someone who used to write fanzines, any publicity is 'good publicity' and no doubt a bit of controversy will give their sales a bump and give them a bit of kudos... sadly.

well if its someone like you who wrote it, then it explains it

all is forgiven to my man united friends

I've no problem with them commenting on "grief junkies" - I am disgusted about them using that photograph... the guy is lying on the ground having CPR, with his distressed team-mates aroun him, it's pretty low to use that image in a points scoring exercise

They're fucked off with not being centre of attention for a few days. How many tweets per day from Filth "fans" who have never been close to entering the country they play in, never mind attending one of their games?

I don't think the national attention fom the press has been over the top given the fact that it played out live on tv. If I'd been watching the Chelsea v Leicester QF on tv and a Leicester player became striken in the same way, then I'd have found it shocking, and would hope that the same medium that brought me such unexpected drama would also keep me informed of the outcome.

They should rest assured that the state of shock from all fans spilling out of WHL that day was genuine on all sides and you can't expect that to diminish overnight - tomorrow's game will be the beginning of normality on that front. I'll be pissed up again and urging us to win, but there will be summat out of the normal about the night I'm sure. So it should be - noone who turned up that day expected to see someone fight for his life on the pitch. Nor did anyone - Bolton/Spurs fan or otherwise who watched it on tv.

Yes, OK I'm sure there are many "celebrities" who have used the opportunity to express their anxiety as a means of getting attention despite having no affinity to the game; but their number pales into insignificance compared to the number of genuine fans who have been touched. And how can the media ignore that fact?

If, as some of the people replying to the Telegraph article suggest, you argue that one person's trauma is minor compared to all the other shit going on in the world - then fine....but in which case the trivia which is sport should go completely unreported, as in the end non of it matters. Or perhaps the fanzine editors will turn over a new leaf and if they win the league will loudly dismiss all plaudits given by people who never attend a game, and denounce its reporting on the national news, given what's happening in Syria. I suspect not though.

Anyway, as JK says... fuck 'em.

lets have some balance, united players and fans observed a minutes applause at the wolves game.

now i bet there are loads of people who have been surprised/amazed by the level of reaction to the FM incident.

rather than wondering what the editor of something i would never read may or may not be trying to say do nt let that take away from how 99% of people have reacted, how club, players, management and fans have pulled together.

if you go on a lot of sites now there are people saying it is had been an incredible story but now it is time to focus on something else, as sad as it maybe the fact FM has made such an incredible recovery is now old news, the long weeks/months he has ahead trying to get back to some normality will only be rememberred by those closest to him.

as a club gartside is talking about sticking by him , i hope the fans do the same and remember singing his name at games for the rest of the season is not about being king of the mourners it is about supporting one of our own. if other people can not see that wont worry me, i wont be doing for them.

Great post Ani,

Back to the fanzines - we published some close-to-the-bone stuff that was probably highly offensive & distasteful. Bolton fans voted with their pound coins each issue & we got no complaints from them.

I'd ignore it. Think they're playing the irony card. Like when they start the aeroplaning at games.

I'd take a chill pill Jim. That was more funny than distasteful (although the timing would have been better now than then). A mate of mine refused to eat United biscuits (you'd have to be of a certain age to remember them) and would open his sandwich box every day and throw it out the train window. They're not all scum. And fanzines are an irreverent look at things anyway. Every club has it's share of tossbags (yes, even us) But not right in my book to tar 'em all with the same brush. Bit like that Dingle twat acting up after the game Saturday. One puss filled boil on an otherwise flawless skin

I bet she's smugly congratulating herself on that one.

The point she's missing is that apart from the usual mithering celebs, most have done things out of a sense of concern, a sense of shock, or a sense of relief....or indeed in other players cases, "there but the grace of God". Unlike journalists desparate to fill their 600 words (and thus tickled pink to have summat like this to bile about), most fans and players have simply taken a little bit of time to express their support for the player and also maybe to reflect (after all if a fit 23 year old can drop like that....). The high profile players abroad who donned shirts don't need the exposure or anything else. Maybe they just gave a shit. And that some journalists might rather rather lazily refer to this under the banner "football family comes together", well who fucking cares? Apart from those who have a holier than though 600 words to find.