Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Villa 1 Bolton 2

Ratwhite

indeed it is

we need some more results and i'm fearful we'll not get em

we did great second half - never a penalty, mind but we should've been out of it after 10 minutes

we really were dreadful

you were much happier when you ate chips

Villa fans actually think OC was a master tactician last night and this is why we won. http://www.villatalk...0&postorder=asc

This made me giggle from that thread.

"I'm saying it now it's an inside job.

McLeish wasn't brought here to settle the wages, he was brought here to get us relegated in the least suspicious way possible. That way he'll be fired in the Summer get a nice bonus from that, we'll be relegated which as a result solves the wage issue because every player we have will be gone and Lerner will bring in some young manager who's never had any money to work with to rebuild.

It's the only logical explanation for this. "

The number of times we gave the ball away in the 1st half was criminal with Ricketts, Eagles and NRC being especially guilty.

However we were much much better 2nd half, unlucky to concede against the run of play but the poor tackle from Carlos and superb footwork from Eagles did Tue job.

this made me chuckle off the villa thread.....

I can't stand McLeish.

Although, tbf, he does bring some benefits:

- parking was pretty easy tonight

- short queues for food etc.

- no wait for the loos

- easy to get away after the match

Although I am not sure these outweigh the complete and utter dogsh*t that he keeps turning out on the pitch.

The game turned on the introduction of (S) Kevin Davies who terrorised their defence, & from then on N'gog played the best i've seen of him by running into the spaces SKD created....which made it a bit strange to take him off for the static Klasnic.

But we hung on, I thought that bastard clock had stopped at one point,& i've no problem with today's bruised shins & hoarse throat.

Absolutely shattered today but what a win.

We missed the first 18 minutes due to fcuking traffic though.

We must kick on now and get something from the Sunderland game.

Ryo wasn't fit last night and shouldn't have started. He was as slow as Alonso last night.

Eagles was brilliant. He is one frustrating player though! Great one minute, a right soft peice of shitte the next. Fair play to him though for last nights performance, MOM with SKD for me.

• Moderators

two things that stood out for me with regards Coyle last night

1) getting stuck into (verbally) the Villa coach when they were arguing over what was/wasn't a foul when they wanted one on the touchline and then Myiachi got taken out - very unlike Coyle

2) in the post match interviews he was talking about what a disgrace we were first half and how he let the players know by giving the a proper "bollocking" at half time - (he actually said that and they included that in the interview on BBC, which amused me)

anyway, the latter seemed genuine fire in belly type "we were shite and I sorted it" - as opposed to being mr nice guy about the margins in the barclays PL etc - even when he's had a pop at players before (Gardner V Swansea) it still always seemed a bit soft and like he didn't mean it - but last night he sounded like he meant it - either he's grown some balls or the pressure is getting to him, either or, if we win, I hope it continues

you have to start the 11 that started the 2nd half at Sunderland, no pissing about with the team now

• Moderators

full marks to him for that then ZK

that first half cannot be dressed up and must not be glossed over

it was fcuking dreadful

too often we had 5 players on the wrong side of the ball when they were 35 yards from our goal

The game turned on the introduction of (S) Kevin Davies who terrorised their defence, & from then on N'gog played the best i've seen of him by running into the spaces SKD created....which made it a bit strange to take him off for the static Klasnic.

But we hung on, I thought that bastard clock had stopped at one point,& i've no problem with today's bruised shins & hoarse throat.

Agree with all that I hope Ngog had run out of steam and it wasn't tactical bringing on Klasnic - because he contributed sod all once he came on (why didnt he try Sordell if he needed a replacement - at least it would have kept some pace up top

Anyway - got Sunderland tickets COYFWM

in the post match interviews he was talking about what a disgrace we were first half and how he let the players know by giving the a proper "bollocking" at half time - (he actually said that and they included that in the interview on BBC, which amused me)

I saw that as well. I doubt it's the first time he's said it to the players but maybe it's the first time he's felt the need to tell the media/supporters. Perhaps it's a way of putting pressure on the players to perform for 90 minutes next time.

Credit to Coyle last night. Got the tactics spot on. Too many times we've seen him not make a change until it's too late (especially at nil nil) and he made the right change at the right time and gave them the right talk at half time. Kev was magnificent when he came on too!

Full credit to Coyle, last night, he saw it wasn't working and changed things.

Petrov had the legs of a 20 year old the way he tore back to tackle Albrighton.

Eagles is always going to be a Marmite player but at least he brings some creativity.

Ngog is the player who infuriates me, he's definitely not a target man in the SKD mould.

Hopefully this will give us the momentum to snatch some points off the Maccams and Spurs next week.

I really feel for those Villa fans, to watch that every week. The first half any decent team would have finished us and then to be hit with that sucker punch after taking the lead. But worse than that to have the manager who relegated your hated rivals to then manger you and now with the distinct possibility of relegation yourselves, things couldn't be worse.

As the pendulum has swung for us, it look like it is now against the Villa.