Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Tottenham 4

Guest bwfcdan

It's baffling in that your first paragraph sort of contradicts your last

We either place our faith in coyles judgment or we don't, he's the one putting the team together

Till he gives him a chance at this level we don't know why he bought him when we're desperately trying to strengthen the squad to keep us at this level

There's been a lot of games where we've struggled up front since we bought him and all he's had is 10 mins or so v Norwich

your definition of the word contradict must be different than mine.

My point is Sordell was clearly signed for his potential. If Coyle thinks he's not ready then i'll trust his judgement.

Just think it's a little desperate for people to be calling fr Sordell when most people don't know anything about him.

Edited by Arrested development

What a bunch of negative fookers this site has, always looking on the gloomy side of things, what if qpr lose to stoke and then man city, we will then need 1 point from 2 games if stoke draw then lose we need 2 points, only if qpr win will we need 4 points so buck up for fooks sake.

Cant tackle for shite,we must have the softest midfield in all the divisions.

Softest every one of them.

Our tackles were bouncing off their players ............ and we're talking softy Spurs here, not Stoke or Chelsea. Feeble.

Edited by Rembrandt

your definition of the word contradict must be different than mine.

My point is Sordell was clearly signed for his potential. If Coyle thinks he's not ready then i'll trust his judgement.

Just think it's a little desperate for people to be calling fr Sordell when most people don't know anything about him.

Since when have we been in a position to sign a player for 3.5 million that's not ready.

No disrespect to Vela he ran about and passed and moved and that's the least I expect from a kid but he is far from ready from being the Player we need in this position, our problem all season has been not playing Muamba and Reo in tandem to give Mark Davies or Pratley PetrovEagles the licence to get forward. Even Man City look better with 2 defensive midfielders in the team it's not a negative tactic and if we had used it While Muamba was fit we would be safe by now, the Wigan home game was calling out for this, Coyle through every sub on bar Muamba because of his twitter comments, any how were still in the mix lets hold our nerve get the points needed and put this piss poor bad luck,bad decision and bad management behind us.

Only my second visit to the Stadium this season - the last one saw us taught a footballing lesson by the Pie Eaters so maybe I should stay away? On both occasions, I thought we were ever so predictable. I see most teams in the Prem move the ball with a real purpose with excellent passing and moving but we just look laboured. Occasional spells of possession but very little end product as we go Route One way too often. It amazed me that what Spurs did in 10 seconds, Wanderers took a minute to do effectively the same thing. Coyle is a motivator not a tactician I've said it before. I don't see the club dispensing with his services whatever the outcome and my biggest fear isn't relegation. It's staving off the threat of administration with gates of around 12,000 if we do fall through the trapdoor and end up being another Pompey. On a plus point, our side is full of Championship players, so there is a chance that they will feel more at home next season.

Not only was the tackling poor but when we did win back posession there was such little movement off the ball that time and time again we were left playing very square passes accross midfield and getting caught in posession. Some very basic mistakes, and unforgivable at that level.

I also dont think we had to be quite so gung ho after the equaliser. I know Spurs had their backs to the wall for a good 10 minutes and the crowd was up, but we needed an experienced head out there to make sure we kept our shape and didnt concede. To capitulate into a 4-1 defeat is the story of our season. That being said we are still in it, two cup finals to go!!

Looked nervous for the first 20 mins,but were getting on top when they scored,players looked out on there feet throughout. if we could have just scored the second when we were on top it would have given us something to defend, its not over by a long way, but can we come back from this, i'm not sure.

Last night was depressing, an understatement yes but what was so dissappointing was how well we played in the second half. We really put Spurs under some decent pressure however they broke away and show us what real quality is with their movement and finishing.

I felt that Mark Davies was annonymous last night. He didn't offer anything not even a dive. Again he lost his man for Spurs 2nd as he had at Villa.

The ref didn't help but i don't like to use that as an excuse. Gallas and Kaboul did a real number on Ngog and bullied him out of the game.

Now I feel it is in hte lap of the Gods. I was really confident before the match and now my belief is shattered.

I know we keep saying it but WBA is a MUST win and should be a more likely win than Spurs.

But unfortunately we also have to rely on other teams doing us a favour.

In Coyle we trust, we have to.

How many times is bogdan going to be beaten from long range??? That?s three times in three consecutive games someone has knocked a ball past him from over a mile away. I can handle it once but week in week out is getting beyond a joke. Its one small factor of many that makes us so shit, but surely one of the easiest to resolve. Jussi for the next game for me.

Apart from a decent 20 min spell, that werent too clever.

Defensively we are a shambles, rickets got skinned at will. Doesnt help like having wide midfielders who a) dont track back very well and B) even when they do they are terrified to go in for a 50/50 tackler

How many times is bogdan going to be beaten from long range??? That?s three times in three consecutive games someone has knocked a ball past him from over a mile away. I can handle it once but week in week out is getting beyond a joke. Its one small factor of many that makes us so shit, but surely one of the easiest to resolve. Jussi for the next game for me.

The combined efforts of Schmeichel, Seaman, Chilavert and Brannigan wouldn't have kept that out.

The problem comes from giving modric too much time and space to pick his spot.

Do you really think jussi would of saved Modric's shot?

I dont think a keeper in the Barclays Premier League would.

As for the game, an hour gone and i was thinking we're well in with a chance of winning this then boom, Spurs' counter attack killed us. I just hope the players' don't let their heads drop to much after last night. West Brom will be a different game, they wont be as fast as Spurs, i do fear Hodgson will want to go out and win even more than usual on Sunday after the stick he's got from the media though.

Again, I dont want to be negative but i can really see us going down on goal difference now, jesus i hope im wrong!

Can't be bothered reading through all the previous comments but here's my thoughts.

People need to remember who we played last night. The whole side is full of pace and that's something we ain't got so it was always going to be a struggle. I thought we played fairly well last night. Bale hardly got a kick in the first half and for the 10 minute spell after our equaliser I thought we might sneak it but I just think the players got too carried away and pushed too far up the pitch during that period and we got hit on the break. Once we went behind it was likely to happen again and again because we had to comit players forward.

I sit in the west lower near the away fans and was right behind Modric's shot. As soon as he hit it you could tell it was in and no keeper would have saved it.

I'm struggling to see what Mark Davies is bringing to the team at the mo. He's been poor for several games now (except for winning a few pens). If he's going ot play he needs a rocket up his arse to get him supporting the front players a bit more.

Felt sorry for our full backs last night, they were up against some real speed merchants so were always going to have a tricky night but if we play like we did last night against West Brom we will get three points and that is all we can do. Win our games and put pressure on the others.

Positvies:

Three points could and probably will see us safe.

Ream looks like a cracking signing

IF we do go down we're well equipped to do well in the Championship and I for one wouldn't mind turning up week in week out to watch my team win...regardless of who we are playing.

Glass still half full for me

• Moderators

I haven't read this thread so... first half looked like 2 poor teams with them having the better of it. Goal came from a corner that wasn't a corner.

We get one back and then push for another, they hit us on the break and from that point it didn't matter if we lost by 10, we had to try and get back into it. Didn't happen but it was the right tactic. Boyata is shit, always has been, Vela shouldn't be in the team at this stage.

Beat WBA and it's all to play for. If we have Tim Ream launching long balls, we could play all day and not score.

• Site Supporter

Spurs ripped us apart with their quality on the break when we'd had them on the rack. I can't see the Baggies doing that so can't imagine a repeat of last night. So we'll win if we can maintain any sort of pressure.

And as for Stoke, we'll get a draw. They won't be tryin anything flash either.

There, nothing to worry about especially as I shall be wearing my shorts as I watch the game.

Last night was depressing, an understatement yes but what was so dissappointing was how well we played in the second half. We really put Spurs under some decent pressure however they broke away and show us what real quality is with their movement and finishing.

I felt that Mark Davies was annonymous last night. He didn't offer anything not even a dive. Again he lost his man for Spurs 2nd as he had at Villa.

The ref didn't help but i don't like to use that as an excuse. Gallas and Kaboul did a real number on Ngog and bullied him out of the game.

Now I feel it is in hte lap of the Gods. I was really confident before the match and now my belief is shattered.

I know we keep saying it but WBA is a MUST win and should be a more likely win than Spurs.

But unfortunately we also have to rely on other teams doing us a favour.

In Coyle we trust, we have to.

Davies is sadly not a central midfielder he can only play in an attacking role behind the front if we were to play a dimond formation with 4 in midfield it would mean the wingers would not get wide enough. if we play a five man midfield we have to sacrifice a striker and we dont realy have one suitable to play the loan striker role at the present. sadly he is very good player in the rite role but i would rather have vela alongside reo for the last two games and retain playing 442

Davies is sadly not a central midfielder he can only play in an attacking role behind the front if we were to play a dimond formation with 4 in midfield it would mean the wingers would not get wide enough. if we play a five man midfield we have to sacrifice a striker and we dont realy have one suitable to play the loan striker role at the present. sadly he is very good player in the rite role but i would rather have vela alongside reo for the last two games and retain playing 442

I do agree, but RE: Starting Vela, to give him his first couple of starts with the massive importance of these two games could be too much pressure on the young lad.

I dont have an answer though as i agree 100% Mark davies cannot play as part of a 4-4-2.

Thought last night it was just a case of Tottingham being too good for us.

Couldn't fault the players effort. Shit first half but came out fighting and really had them under the cosh ... then they just race away like whippets and hit us with an almighty sucker punch.

Y'never know, QPR could choke against Stoke and lose at the weekend which means in all probability, we only need one point from our last two games.

Glass half full still for me.

if lennon could cross

and adebyor could control the ball...

as traff said they could of had three in the first twenty minutes...

my second home game of the season...

we are a bad side...slow and devoid of ideas...

only a slice of lady luck will save us from this shite season

if lennon could cross

and adebyor could control the ball...

as traff said they could of had three in the first twenty minutes...

my second home game of the season...

we are a bad side...slow and devoid of ideas...

only a slice of lady luck will save us from this shite season

and others being just as shit...

For the first time in ages it looked like we have given up the fight. The players, and later the crowd seemed to have that apathetic, resigned to elegation feel about them I know Spuds were far better than us in all departments.

I've not seen a match end like that since Coventry, years ago.

Lost four one and the usual suspects couldn't even be bothered boo-ing.

Still think we're in with a chance though.