Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Itk Transfer Rumours

miamiwhite

Gartside - we're looking at a pay as you play Michael - Owen - no thanks

End of talks..........

But if what's not going to happen did he'd do great he wasn't injured at MUFC just couldn't get in the side

Aye, but he was hardly busting a gut to get a game, and he'd still be there now if someone hadn't noticed him skulking behind a copy of Owner & Breeder and alerted Fergie to his presence.

He couldn't have shown less interest in playing football for a living.

He couldn't have shown less interest in playing football for a living.

That's what I just don't understand about the man. If I loved the horses and had enough money to fullfil the dream of having stables, I'd not be turning up for a day job aswell.

• Site Supporter

There's as much chance that Michael Owen will sign for us as us having a World Cup winner, an African Nations Player of the Year and a European Championship winner all in the same side.

I've been doing some research on this Columbian - I reckon he could be a liability. Take this quote from a match report last season...

Ligue 1, March 10, 2012

Valenciennes 1 - 2 St Etienne

...The game started badly for the home side with Carlos Sanchez dismissed after a poor fourth-minute tackle on Fabien Lemoine.

His overall disciplinary record is really bad, it seems he's reet dirty, Sanchez.*

* Yes, I did do all that preliminary ramble just to shoehorn that 'joke' in :thumbsup:

Good player him, where is he off to?

Baines turning United down has thrown a spaner in the works, so the Club need to sell someone, £4.5 million offer from Turkey, but he is not keen on the move. Talk of Inter, and interest from Germany.

Wont be a bit fee though.

Yobo to Turkey has fallen through also, Everton messed the deal up at the last second.

Heitinga, Cahil and Yobo leaving, will save us almost £9 Million a year in wages, and bring in arounf £7 Million fee's......that added to the £20 Million+ sold in players last season, least the banks will be happy.

Also....

Luca Modric

£40 Million player ??

Top 10 Midfielder in Europe ???

I’m not sure, good player mind, I’m just not sure he is THAT good.

Discus……

Edited by Pablo

Guest Frandsen08

never worth 40 million.

20 million at the very highest and thats generous. Has the ability but he goes wandering and missing for long periods, he isn't as good as kaka or ozil but fair play to spurs, if real want him then pay what they say for him.

• Site Supporter

He is probably worth a bit more, but we are not in a position to play hard ball.

We need some cash asap, for the Pienaar deal.

GOOOOING DOWN!

GOING DOWN,

GOING DOWN,

GOING DOWWWWN,

GOING DOWN,

GOING DOWN,

GOING DOWWWWWWWN,

GOING DOWN,

GOING DOWN,

GOING DOWN,

GOING DOWN!

• Site Supporter

Also....

Luca Modric

£40 Million player ??

Top 10 Midfielder in Europe ???

I’m not sure, good player mind, I’m just not sure he is THAT good.

Discus……

im not convinced either.

cracking player, but 40m???

Im on same page as franny here.

I just dont see this Top top level player the media rave about.

His assist and goals are poor, but I understand he is a more of an 'Assis the assister' sort of player. Im just not convinced.

Against us, he has been completely over-shadowed by Fellaini and Arteta, many times.

Im on same page as franny here.

I just dont see this Top top level player the media rave about.

His assist and goals are poor, but I understand he is a more of an 'Assis the assister' sort of player. Im just not convinced.

Against us, he has been completely over-shadowed by Fellaini and Arteta, many times.

He'll be lining up alongside Fellaini won't he?

Fwiw I agree with the majority here, Modric is a cracking player ... but for £40m I'm sure Spurs could sign an 'as good if not better' replacement and still have a fair bit of change left over.

hasnt been up to the job for the last season and a half.

Longer than that, you could argue.

Combination of us moving on football wise, him not fitting the way we play, and his not being up for it anymore.

I think most would agree, that with his limited actuall football ability, he has been a belting player over the years. Good luck to him.

Edited by Pablo