Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ereaders - Kindles Etc

barryk32

Aye, I'd forgotten about that.

So, where are the free boks, then? :D

The daily freebies on Amazon of course!

Ive also had a few from well know download sites but limited titles available. If anyone has a more ebook specific site im all ears (via PM)

reet

i don't need 3g

i know there are cheaper ones but i want to be a kindle wanker

touch or the 89 quid one

and pick me a cover

I dont get why you would need to touch the screen to move pages. The buttons are situated just right and on either side for me, hold it one hand and a slight move of the thumb your holding it with and voila page is turned, drink still int other hand.

• Site Supporter

and the kobo from Asda is 50 quid performing the same tasks to the same standard, is it not?

Yes, as does this one as well as much more for 40 quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-0-TFT-E-BOOK-READER-ebook-PDF-DOC-MP3-MP4-RMVB-4GB-/270813063565?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item3f0db7698d&fb_source=message

Aye maybe, but a transmissive screen so it's cack in direct sunlight. The charge time doesn't look great either, still for that money you'll probably forgive those issues.

Aye maybe, but a transmissive screen so it's cack in direct sunlight. The charge time doesn't look great either, still for that money you'll probably forgive those issues.

A bird at work has something similar and it looks shit. I dont mean just aesthetically but it doesnt look sturdy like the actual kindle is. She has a backlit one as well which mustnt be as clear as the e-ink on a kindle and as stated would be shite ont beach.

I go past WHSmith every day in manc and they advertise them Kobo's for ?49. If you dont need 3g and just want summat cheap id go down that route for the sake of a tenner.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depends where you read the most

Travelling :- Kindle, without a doubt , battery lasts forever, can read in direct light, get the cover with the light , can read in the dark without disturbing anyone, weighs nothing but don't expect to do anything more than read off it

Home on the sofa doing the couch potato:- iPad, and you can access your betting account, and watch your live races, without moving a muscle

Bath :- traditional method - book, dropped more in the water than you've had hot dinners, could be expensive if you take the kindle or iPad

700 books on my kindle in 2 years, majority under £2