Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spicks V Frogs

miamiwhite

You'd be annoyed if its not like it is on you playbox

Well you don't really see the ai (on legendary) be as negative as the Czech's, Greeks and French, makes for a better game if both teams are attacking.

All those 3 teams have gone out without much of an effort (to win the game), obviously there set-ups have been to sit back and defend, but you can't just rely on penalties, sure it'll work out now and again, but it doesn't make for much of a contest.

Spain ain't gonna just give the ball back on purpose, France looked like they were happy with the loss, their subs made no impact on a performance that was never going to upset the Spanish.

Edited by Didledee

I love how a young boy tells 30 / 40 and 50 year olds how football should be played !

I love how a young boy tells 30 / 40 and 50 year olds how football should be played !

He's grooming us

I don't understand Pablo, age as no importance and everyone as an opinion and style of football they like.

People say Spain are boring, but really is it actually because they usually play against teams who allow them to play their passing game, it's been so successful for them, so why should they change? if teams didn't set up like their inferior to Spain, maybe we'd see more action, more even entertaining games, however teams know they can't match Spain's possession and therefore play a defensive game which is reliant on counter attacks to score v them, problem is with that is you're playing into Spain's hands 'cos they're making you work hard off the ball.

Maybe people have now seen a lot of years of Barcelona and Spain being in these types of matches 99% of the time and playing this passing game that they'd like to see a different kind of game, that'll only change if Spain lose all their players through injury or through old age, but Spanish and other overseas teams don't coach/train players like we do in England, so new batches of players will be no doubt coached in a similar way to the likes of Iniesta/Xav,i it's more technical.

Maybe England fans who complain are the ones who love old terraced football stadiums, really bad weather, kick 'n rush football with loads of tackles etc than a game you'd see in Spain for example.

Edited by Didledee

Black Caviar, boring nag, winning all the time bastard, would rather see a good selling plater give it a shot.

its got absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with them winning all the time.

Regardless of whether you enjoy it or not, if you can't see the reason some people find it boring then you're a plantpot.

Regardless of whether you enjoy it or not, if you can't see the reason some people find it boring then you're a plantpot.

Probably the same people who prefer re-runs of Benny Hill to something like the Thick Of It.

#notworthlisteningto

• Site Supporter

I think the only way to beat Spain is to get in their fuckin faces, harrass the fuckers close them down and frustrate them.

Once you've stopped them poncin' around, we may get the odd chance from a set piece.

B Bogs - the new Harry Bassett,

Aye, just like the Dutch did in the World Cup Final.

Can't believe folk on here can't give Spain any credit.

Tonight was a boring game, but to blame Spain is just ridiculous.

Aye, just like the Dutch did in the World Cup Final.

Can't believe folk on here can't give Spain any credit.

Tonight was a boring game, but to blame Spain is just ridiculous.

For sure

But, how best to stop them?

• Members

Hoping German power and speed will upset the Spaniards in the Final (unless we get there instead of course!).

The Germans won't be frightened of them like other teams have been.

To Alf and his sillier sidekick, I don't believe anyone would argue that Spain aren't brilliant at what they do. It's just that the object of the game is goals - not possession stats. That is why some people refer to them as boring. The number of times they have been on for a shot and chose a square pass or dallied with it is ridiculous.

If it's England v Spain in the Final, in your face, uncompromising, nasty performance from us - all within the rules of course. Ruffle the bastards' feathers.

Right now I wish England or BWFC could enjoy 50% of the type of possession that Spain enjoy in games, but you need technically gifted footballers to do that. The "in your face" strategy championed by many would see the players fucked after 20 mins of running around like headless chickens and probably 9 men left on the pitch by the final whistle through "blood and thunder" challenges. Football played that way died out with the leather casey.

give me tippy tappy winning football and i'll take it, anyone who says they would not enjoy England playing and winning like that are simply kidding themselves

• Members

give me tippy tappy winning football and i'll take it, anyone who says they would not enjoy England playing and winning like that are simply kidding themselves

...........and anyone who says that anything other than that word matters are kidding themselves (no matter what the style of football).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.