Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spain V Portugal

tarian1979

They play one uptop against ireland and croatia though dont forget

Its nothing to do with being defensive minded though!

Oh indeed....it' the correct way football should be played ya know !

Guest Frandsen08

That pepe has forever been a dirty cheating cunt, hes no different for his national side, that alves is a cracking defender

Got home at 6:00 this morning, we left Kiev at midday on Monday and drove through Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Holland, Belgium and France, with a stopover in Ukraine and Poland, got the ferry to Dover and the only problem we encountered was the fucking M25 was shut so we had to divert through Sarf London to get home, knackered, England were crap but a bloody good trip, I can highly recommend R reg Peugeot 106's

Got home at 6:00 this morning, we left Kiev at midday on Monday and drove through Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Holland, Belgium and France, with a stopover in Ukraine and Poland, got the ferry to Dover and the only problem we encountered was the fucking M25 was shut so we had to divert through Sarf London to get home, knackered, England were crap but a bloody good trip, I can highly recommend R reg Peugeot 106's

Sounds like some trip that pal.

Poland / Ukraim the shit holes I imagine ???

Bet the car stank / stunk....I don know which I should use !!

Great tournament imo. Am i alone?

Count me in. If that had been England going through to a final of major comp for the third time on pens, or BWFC getting through to a cup final and either had played like that, there would be a completely different attitude.

Thing is a lot are only followers of their club/ own country. The game is secondary, thats why they are not arsed or so uber critical.

Edited by bgoefc

It's been a decent comp, in a domestic, workmanlike way. There's been nowt outstanding. Everyone did as well as they could be expected to. Spain showed themselves to be the lazy bastards we knew they were, just doing enough in each game. Poseur par excellance Ronaldo shot himself in the foot by thinking he would be the hero for Portugal with the last and winning penalty.

Thing is a lot are only followers of their club/ own country. The game is secondary, thats why they are not arsed or so uber critical.

I get the impression people like Garp only got into football at a late age.

It would be interesting to see if him, Traf and Homer actually played the game at a young age too?

It would be interesting to see if him, Traf and Homer actually played the game at a young age too?

If only you knew you plantpot

• Site Supporter

garp was like diddles when he was younger

now he's more like traf

hth

Traf played for Arsenal Ladies from c1994~c2003 IIRC, so she's got a fairly decent grasp of the game

It's been a decent comp, in a domestic, workmanlike way. There's been nowt outstanding. Everyone did as well as they could be expected to. Spain showed themselves to be the lazy bastards we knew they were, just doing enough in each game. Poseur par excellance Ronaldo shot himself in the foot by thinking he would be the hero for Portugal with the last and winning penalty.

I don't think there's a team in the world that works as hard as Spain when they've not got the ball, and when they have got the ball they work very hard at retaining it.

Lazy? yeh right.

Traf played for Arsenal Ladies from c1994~c2003 IIRC, so she's got a fairly decent grasp of the game

Yes, released by the bastards at 17, but it's quite interesting to try and work out how Sir Francis deduces I've never played the game, just because I'm not a fan of cheating foreigners.

In my 26 yrs on this earth, I've only played tennis 3 times, but that doesn't mean I'm unable to realise how shit British tennis is.

the most negative and boring team in the history of football

Spain showed themselves to be the lazy bastards we knew they were,

Utterly speechless, you only have to look at the likes of Greece in this tournament and England v Italy to give just 2 examples of negative football.

The Spain of the last 4 years will go down as one of the greatest International teams of all time, if not the best, they haven't been at their best in this tournament granted, but they've been the better side in every game and their football v ROI was just as good as Germany's v Greece.

Just because they have at times played with "shadow" strikers with midfielders in that position, doesn't mean it's negative, it's using variations, they've played 5 games, 2 with a striker, 3 with Cesc, they tire the teams down, then bring on the likes of Torres, Navaz and Pedro, it works, Spain were brilliant in extra time v Portugal, Navaz scored late on v Croatia and Torres came on v Italy and could have scored 2 with great chances.

But I'm replying to someone who only comments on Spain matches with posts like "I've fell asleep" and "so boring" yet he still watches the game, why would you put yourself through that suffering?

Not sure how serious you are anyhow, especially when you think Higuain is better than Messi also, it's like you choose to hate on the best and then come out with posts like "boring" and "most negative team ever" as reasons, do you really think those wild false statements are going to be taken seriously? sure you'll have Bolty and Homer chipping in sort of agreeing with you, but come on Higuain? worst team ever?

Tiki Taka/passing football may not be everyone's cup of tea on here, but it'll be known as a great era of football and one teams are copying, so what if Spain haven't created loads of chances, they win games, still score and concede very few (when it matters)

----

And Lazy? Spain are the ultimate opposite of that word.

You must see how hard they work both off and on the ball, their work rate is second to none, none stop pressing, none stop movement, have I been caught here?

Edited by Didledee

Sounds like some trip that pal. One of the best ever

Poland / Ukraim the shit holes I imagine ??? Not at all, the hotels we stayed in were excellent Bed and Breakfast for around ?17, beer was around ?1 a pint and a decent meal for less than a fiver

Bet the car stank / stunk....I don know which I should use !! Not too bad really, we are all clean living blokes

The reason I don't like watchin Spain of late is they don't take many risks. They don't cross the ball into the box from the wings hoping someone gets their head to it, they don't play on a counter attack, they won't take a punt at a shot unless they know they have a very strong chance of it goin in.

They pass themselves out of what we would class as golden opportunities.

They play at one of the slowest tempos know to man where every move they make is well thought out.

They are to football what peter ebdon is to snooker.

the Spanish football bloke from Sky reckons Barca do. whether he's right however...

More mud slinging. The guy is a journalist (habitual liars to a man) and Scottish (habitual drunks to a man) so I won't attach too much weight to his comments.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.