Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston

ex_midlandwhite

Me and our work cricket team are heading up to Preston Friday night to take part in the UK corporate games which are there this year for some reason,

Anyhow, given I'm not expecting to play much cricket due to weather I hoped any of you familiar with the area might be able to recommend some drinking holes, restaurants, clubs etc.

Cheers

PS. I also need to put a new grip on my cricket bat so any tips for that also welcome :thumbsup:

preston is a shit hole.however get in the town centre and there are shit loads of pubs .then last orders time got to be "perfect tens" some right fit bints will lap dance you into heaven..

Edited by fellman

• Moderators

Fuck me, The (Great) Gatsby. I went there a couple of times and it was just a circle of moshers waving their hair at each other, not cool. My mate went in once after watching Vic Reeves and they were all in there, including Les.

Monday - Arabellas, 50p a pint then over the road to Refreshment Village for chips and mayonnaise.

Tuesday - Byrons, opposite the bus station. Occasionally did special offers like Tequilla for 10p.

Weds - Tokyos

Thurs - SU, usually had Blastaway on offer

Fri/Sat - The Warehouse. Bit pricey at £3 like.

Guest Frandsen08

last time i was in preston was a few years back, remembers brown, mananas and PR1, pr1 had some characters in there :D

Guest Frandsen08

Is that a poor imitation of BL1? :D

apparently they are the same company. me and my mate went in went to the bar got two drinks and we wasn't charged, we kept doing this until some bird told me we were in a car phone warehouse all expense paid private party!

Few Decent bars, lots of shite ones, The one that used to be Manyanas is good, then you have Glovers and the Loft down one of the side streets further down, start off at the old bull and work your way down past Yates, Squares etc

• Moderators

Thurs - SU, usually had Blastaway on offer

feckin happy days

Berlins in Sheffield, on Student night, used to do it for something like £1.20 a pint - even in 1995 this was cheap as fuck for what it was