Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sectarianism

bryan_munich

• Members

Thats what I thought. It was just a bit bizarre to hear it today. Good effort to all who turned up. But can we never hear that nonsense again please?

Been happening since the 60's. I like your chances of not hearing it again as much as I like your moniker surname.

• Members

General fuck the Tims, fuck the pope etc nothing too serious but when the fuck have we been about this (Bolty I maybe too young to remember the 60's but I still don't want to hear it)

I don't think you'll have a say in the matter, sir. Surprised you haven't had any inkling of it before.

There have been strong Rangers sympathies within Boltons support for as long as I can remember. I was living down here in 1996 but would imagine it might have peaked around that time.

Edited by bolty58

the only time i've heard it at a bolton game is when those lovely bhoys came down for jimmy phillips testimonial. i went to have a quiet word with one 30 stone fat bastard outside the balmoral but he threw me into the wall promptly knocking the stuffing out of me. by the time i came round he'd fell on the floor and was headbutting a few of our lot's feet

No not at all, its ridiculous and to me shows why having Rangers and Celtic join the English league system would cause a lot more problems than just automatically relegating Barnet to non-League! But it is present at a lot of games, I dont know its roots or support it but it is there

Bolty

You don't half talk some shit

I've been watching whites since early sixties and there have always been kids who think it big to support any of the scotch shite. Most of them grew out of it once they turned twenty but there appears to be a few who think it fun to shout bigoted bile at fellow Christians

Wonder how many will be in church tomorrow defending there faith - fuck all I would think

Hi Bryan, welcome to the forum.

It's a real shame that you had to witness the disgraceful behaviour of a tiny minority of BWFC supporters that are simply modern day neanderthals. They lack any intelligence and as such this limits their intellectual interaction manifesting itself in the occasional bigotted outbursts. Ironically they were in Scotland and subject to the recently passed Scottish Anti-Sectarian legislation and as such could have been charged with such an offence. As for WWs I trust the mods will continue to view any sectarian/bigotted posts with the disdain it deserves

Edited by Salford Trotter

Bolty

You don't half talk some shit

I've been watching whites since early sixties and there have always been kids who think it big to support any of the scotch shite. Most of them grew out of it once they turned twenty but there appears to be a few who think it fun to shout bigoted bile at fellow Christians

Wonder how many will be in church tomorrow defending there faith - fuck all I would think

Great post!

Oh and for the other dig, I make no apology for choosing to support Bolton even though i'm not from a traditional BWFC area. I have been subjected to years of abuse from Man U/Man C fans but i've stood firm and i'll always have The Wanderers in my heart

Edited by Salford Trotter