Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sectarianism

bryan_munich

Oh and for the other dig, I make no apology for choosing to support Bolton even though i'm not from a traditional BWFC area. I have been subjected to years of abuse from Man U/Man C fans but i've stood firm and i'll always have The Wanderers in my heart

I'm the same but after years of living in South manc I've decided to move to a proper hot bed of Wanderers support

Stockport

• Site Supporter

I don't get how anyone can support 2 football teams especially one from the 2 bob league in scrotland and to the extent to travel to there to watch em.

If we're all havin a "second" team can I have Barcelona ?

Did you have a Celtic shirt on? :)

no was walking with a fellow with a false leg when about 20 of the fuckers surrounded us and said "oh look a pair of english boys" next thing it went off i got a bottle in the face and me mate one on the back of the head. Give as good as we got the fuckin

shit bags

I'm not "shoving it" in your face but simply making the point that i practice what I preach.

I wish it were that simple but I'm afraid it's not ;)

Trotter - i may be reading through the lines here,but you're either a top wind -up or worse......................................a priest. Which one is it Delboy ?

If you referring to me as dragging the IQ into the gutter then i'll swap my law degree for yours. I take my faith seriously and i'll be here http://hiddengem.cat...co.uk/home.html , as i am with my wife and 3 kids every sunday, so i'll take no lectures from anyone who purport to have protestant, catholic or islamic allegianes that don't practice their faith. If anyone wants to join me and my family then you're more than welcome. Oh and for the other dig, I make no apology for choosing to support Bolton even though i'm not from a traditional BWFC area. I have been subjected to years of abuse from Man U/Man C fans but i've stood firm and i'll always have The Wanderers in my heart

Are you the same Salford Trotter who gave me MDMA in Lisbon? If so, what the fucks happened to you

This is the biggest queer post I've ever read on here

• Members

Bolty

You don't half talk some shit

I've been watching whites since early sixties and there have always been kids who think it big to support any of the scotch shite. Most of them grew out of it once they turned twenty but there appears to be a few who think it fun to shout bigoted bile at fellow Christians

Wonder how many will be in church tomorrow defending there faith - fuck all I would think

It is you who are talking shite mate. I went up regularly with the Bolton Loyal (organised by a lad with official BWFC connections which plenty on here know including our Los Angeles correspondent) and often linked up with our Blackburn counterparts based in Quinnys pub which plenty on here know all about too. 20-30 from Bolton not uncommon.

Get your facts right before you type eh?

Before you start, I am an atheist. Brought about through family connections on my part with a little pro Brit, anti IRA sentiment for good measure.

It it was up to me, all religions would be banned. Really struggle to see what good they do.

It is you who are talking shite mate. I went up regularly with the Bolton Loyal (organised by a lad with official BWFC connections which plenty on here know including our Los Angeles correspondent) and often linked up with our Blackburn counterparts based in Quinnys pub which plenty on here know all about too. 20-30 from Bolton not uncommon.

Before you start, I am an atheist. Brought about through family connections on my part with a little pro Brit, anti IRA sentiment for good measure.

It it was up to me, all religions would be banned. Really struggle to see what good they do.

Thats what I dont understand - you are a Bolton fan - why should you want to watch another team - a team that brings religion into it

Knew Quinny and the lads in his Dads pub very well - many a game we crammed into the back of his Thwaites van - and I didnt understand his allegiance to the jocks then any more than I do now

Thats what I dont understand - you are a Bolton fan - why should you want to watch another team

I'm the same, irrelevant of religion or that it's in Scotchland. Just all seems odd and probably provocative to wear a Celtic or Rangers top watching us. Or even worse, going up there to watch a match rather than go watching Bolton.

But I'm a woman and so probably don't understand these things anyway.

• Site Supporter

Crikey, even when I started going regularly to Burnden Park one of the loudest chants was the too-ing and fro-ing of the CELTIC; RANGERS; CELTIC; RANGERS <repeat ad nauseum>

At the time I used to shout for Rangers. Not because I was a Protestant (though I was) but because it was the first reaction to someone at a Bolton game shouting Celtic.

Crikey, even when I started going regularly to Burnden Park one of the loudest chants was the too-ing and fro-ing of the CELTIC; RANGERS; CELTIC; RANGERS <repeat ad nauseum>

At the time I used to shout for Rangers. Not because I was a Protestant (though I was) but because it was the first reaction to someone at a Bolton game shouting Celtic.

The chant usually started when the match became boring. On reflection, that was fairly often.