Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Pubs.

leigh white

Been told off a mate that a campsite opposite the ground has a clubhouse open and welcomes away fans. The nearest pubs are the Park and another one called the Shrimper, looking on google, they are a good trek away from the ground so it looks like the pikey site for me.

It's not a pikey site, it's a holiday park.

IIRC, it's called West Park or Westgate or something like that.

It's only a 15 min walk into town centre though and The York (next to the old ground) welcomes away fans and puts a free bus on to the ground.

Been told off a mate that a campsite opposite the ground has a clubhouse open and welcomes away fans. The nearest pubs are the Park and another one called the Shrimper, looking on google, they are a good trek away from the ground so it looks like the pikey site for me.

Already been twice watching the mighty millers.

There is a big pub on the rhs appraoching the stadium.

Its no more than 5 mins walk.

Its a fair track from wetherspoons in town.

Its around 20 mins walk from where frontierland was and the bars are still open on the front of it on the seafront.

Best put my foot down on the motorway Micky if you're after the pint. I went to Morecambe-Crewe a couple of years ago and the holiday park looked reet enough to be fair. Cracking carvery at the big pub on the roundabout as well (not that you ever eat anyroad).

The caravansite across from the ground just before you go over the railway bridge is Regent caravansite.Clubhouse has been done up and I think you may be able to park on there for a couple of quid to.

The Park is shut now.

So the closest is the caravan park opposite or further down the road there's a boozer called the Thomas Mitchell.

If you go along the seafront the Ranch house is probably the best and cheapest. Not much to look at but a great selection of beers.

If you go in any of the pubs in the town centre a taxi will only cost you a couple of quid to get to the Globe.

I'm going just wish the weather was better.

Already been twice watching the mighty millers.

There is a big pub on the rhs appraoching the stadium.

Its no more than 5 mins walk.

Its a fair track from wetherspoons in town.

Its around 20 mins walk from where frontierland was and the bars are still open on the front of it on the seafront.

You mean it's gone!

When did tht happen?