Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coc Draw

EyesRight

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawley is a good night out, Tuesdays used to be airport night, all the bars had discount for airport workers, get lots of trolley dolly types there, even saw a wet tshirt comp there one night.

Nailed on to be a Wednesday night, then. :D

Bar Med; that place is pretty grim. I think most people start out at the Punchbowl pub and work their way up the street to the various bars. The ground is near K2, the sports centre. Nothing much else round there, apart from a roundabout.

As I say, it's nasty, so best stay in London longer, get the fast train to Southampton Central from Victoria, get off at Three Bridges station (takes 40 mins) and jump in a cab outside or order one from the Snooty Fox (typical station pub opposite) Once its over, get back to London as soon as you can.

Bar Med; that place is pretty grim. I think most people start out at the Punchbowl pub and work their way up the street to the various bars. The ground is near K2, the sports centre. Nothing much else round there, apart from a roundabout.

As I say, it's nasty, so best stay in London longer, get the fast train to Southampton Central from Victoria, get off at Three Bridges station (takes 40 mins) and jump in a cab outside or order one from the Snooty Fox (typical station pub opposite) Once its over, get back to London as soon as you can.

How far is the ground from the town centre ?

How far is the ground from the railway station(s) ?

What time is the last train into that London ?

Thanks

Is the Punchbowl the big place with 2 floors opposite Bar Med?

I always found it okay round there, but I was only ever there a few days at a time.

Im going to head to Horley for my pre match boozing, Six Bells and Foresters!

How far is the ground from the town centre ?

Couple of miles, you'll need a taxi.

How far is the ground from the railway station(s) ? Get off at Three Bridges, it's the biggest station with more trains from Victoria, which is why I live there. Also direct trains to Brighton.

What time is the last train into that London ? You can get to Gatwick until 1, the Gatwick Express runs until 2. Another reason why we live here, crap town, good transport links.

Thanks

If you're having a half day, I would get off at Euston, take the Victoria line, few beers in Victoria. Three Bridges to the Snooty Fox ( loads of Mancs but don't let it put you off) walk to the Paymaster General roundabout where there is a pub, few in there and then taxi to the ground.

If you want to go in town, get off at Crawley, turn left, walk directly ahead, as soon as you see The Glades shopping centre, turn left, passed the church and you're in the bar district. Usual fair, but the Punchbowl is the biggest pub, almost opposite Bar Med. It's all shit, but the weather is nicer and the local ladies might like some of you fucktards