Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boggers

Sweep

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aye. we sold Al-Habsi as we could get £4m for him. never would with Jussi due to his age.

Jussi on the wane? Not at West Ham he isnt.

I just meant as a direct comparison to al habsi at that time.He has got Sam organising the team he is going to get it done. And once the decision to sell al Habsi was made, Jussi should have been the no1 until Bogdan was ready to be regular no1and that still wouldn't be now. We have enough problems for a club of our size and whichever way you look at it we have royally fucked up the goalkeeping situation.

I just meant as a direct comparison to al habsi at that time.He has got Sam organising the team he is going to get it done. And once the decision to sell al Habsi was made, Jussi should have been the no1 until Bogdan was ready to be regular no1and that still wouldn't be now. We have enough problems for a club of our size and whichever way you look at it we have royally fucked up the goalkeeping situation.

Of course we have. Still cant believe Jussi was let go. he clearly loved the club, town and his family being settled here.

some people dont warm to him and think he's a moody cunt. well he's a fucking good gk and perhaps part of running a group of millionaires is to indulge them a little and put up with the shite as they're worth it.

coyle obviously didnt want to try

• Moderators

Rather than simply saying "we let him go", does anyone actually know how much Jussi was demanding to sign a new contract?

Exactly, my recollection was we offered him a contract, ergo we didn't "let him go". Did I dream that?

Is he the worst keeper we've had in the last 20 years?

I've never been convinced by him, and certainly don't blame him for our current standing, but does anybody actually think he's any good? I'm not sure I have ever seen anything in him that makes me think he's even remotely anything more than average.

I'm struggling to think of a worse keeper that we've had in the last 20 or 30 years

Dennis Peacock worst I've ever seen, by a mile. used to dive like a falling log. was around the same time as Poole - another useless fucker. bogbreath is 10 times better than either of those 2 altho that aint saying much!

couldnt find anything on figures re Jussi contract

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/9707297.Whites_stars_ponder_futures/

Jaaskelainen had an incentive-based one-year contract on the table but is now considering his next move after falling behind Adam Bogdan in the pecking order.

hardly a vindication of someone with 15 years service

• Moderators

he may have felt hard done by with all the years he'd spent here to be made #2 behind a lad who wasn't ready to be #1

he may not have even made any demand to stay, just thought, fuck that, i've been here long enough, turned down the chance to leave already so I'm off

he took a better option in the premier league

whatever the offer was, it was undoubtedly on less money to be a #2 championship goalkeeper - so we didn't let him go,but at the same time, he was hardly being a twat about it

just one of them things that comes with relegation, move on

If he'd stayed you can bet your life that after the first mistake this board would be awash with folk saying we "should never have given him a new contract", that "he's past it", the money for his wages "should've been spent elsewhere" and we "should've given Bogdan the chance to stay as #1".

Well saying as I always rated Jussi I wouldn't be one of them.. Jussi wanted to stay but it was made quite clear that he was considered surplus to requirements, the offer was pretty derisory/half-hearted from the club so for me he was pushed out the door. And I did see him in Asda once and he let on to me so must be a top bloke.