Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Thrown Out For Singing

anewman

There's a clown on same row as me T ESL. Calling Bogdan hungarian this Andrews Irish this and Spearing scouse that and both Andrews and Spearings families have a box behind us on boxing day. They must think we have supporters who are complete bellends. Want to knock him out most games. Oh and there is old bloke behind me who only comes out from his care and community programme for home games. Calls chungy fish and chips. Think i'm surrounded by mental folk.

Edited by fruitbat69

Good thing about terraces was if you were stood near someone who got on your tits you could move. For fuck sake bring them back!

The reebok matchday atmosphere is shite and the reason i very rarely go 5000 at burnden was better.

There were so many empty seats in that area that they could have easily moved away if they felt uncomfortable .

There's a clown on same row as me T ESL. Calling Bogdan hungarian this Andrews Irish this and Spearing scouse that and both Andrews and Spearings have a box behind us on boxing day. They must think we have supporters who are complete bellends. Want to knock him out most games. Oh and there is old bloke behind me who only comes out from his care and community programme for home games. Calls chungy fish and chips. Think i'm surrounded by mental folk.

The ESL has its fair share of mentals.

Maybe but you can't force your ways onto another. It's like balloon at a train station then moaning about being filmed by police. There is a time and place to be a chanter and west upper isn't one of them

Rubbish, since when have ther been area's of any football stadium where you can't sing. The difference is some people go to a game to support their team, others go to watch a game, both should be understanding of each other. Sad to say i know a couple of 'supporters' who moved from the north lower to the west stand because they couldn't stand the noise.

Rubbish, since when have ther been area's of any football stadium where you can't sing. The difference is some people go to a game to support their team, others go to watch a game, both should be understanding of each other. Sad to say i know a couple of 'supporters' who moved from the north lower to the west stand because they couldn't stand the noise.

Be honest you get stone islanded up and then ask why the police take an interest in you don't you. It may not be right but we are all grown up and bright enough to understand certain things are not the best in certain areas. You don't want you kids to be bombarded to swearing don't sit in east lower. You don't want to just sit and watch the game don't sit in west upper. It's not rocket scienxe

so having a quiet chat with your pals and watching the game means you`re having a shit time?

people are different aren`t they? not everybody wants to listen to a group of intimidating grown men hurling insults. not everyone even has a pint.

don`t know if that was the case this time, maybe not but i know at burnley on the opening day of the season i took my 10yr old with me and we were sat 4 yds away from a group of young lads about 20ish who spent the whole match screaming obscenities at anyone and everyone, using the most disgusting foul language you could imagine, swaying around blowing booze fumes in peoples faces.jabbing people in the ribs shouting `sing up you cunt`.

if you are one of them people and you think you are doing us all a favour by `enhancing the atmosphere` well you`re not.

singing is fine, being rowdy is fine, banter is fine, screaming `you cock sucking mother fucker, i hope you fucking die of aids, you fucking piece of fucking scumbag burnely shit` in front of 10 yr olds is not fine. its intimidating and unpleasant.

theres a line somewhere and when you`re pissed you maybe misjudge it. i wasn`t there saturday so again not talking specifically about that.

I take my nine year old to the match.

We both have season tickets.

We sit next to young lads who do sometimes get rowdy and swear and sometimes go a bit over the top but I credit my lad with a little bit of intelligence.

He knows to ignore what they say and not to repeat anything that comes out of their mouths.

So what do your mates do?Sit there and pleasantly clap whether we are shit or not?

Must be a riot where you are sat.

We sit next to young lads who do sometimes get rowdy and swear and sometimes go a bit over the top but I credit my lad with a little bit of intelligence.

He knows to ignore what they say and not to repeat anything that comes out of their mouths.

So what do your mates do?Sit there and pleasantly clap whether we are shit or not?

Must be a riot where you are sat.

Why is it that unless you are a pissed up fuckwit bouncing round you can't enjoy the game?

Fair fucks to you. My father did that with me on the walk home from the game 'don't tell your mother those sweary words'. If only other parents could credit their kids with a modicum of intelligence too. Don't cosset, explain.

Fair fucks to you. My father did that with me on the walk home from the game 'don't tell your mother those sweary words'. If only other parents could credit their kids with a modicum of intelligence too. Don't cosset, explain.

Hang on a minute one minute it's people draggin their kids up next its they will be fine.

...and why is it that unless you are sat in your chair with a tartan rug over your knees and boiled sweets in your pocket then you are a loud mouthed hooligan.

It doesn't....neither have I said it does. What I am saying is people in different areas want different things. If my father was still alive I wouldn't expect him to sit in east lower and be annoyed by people ballooning just as I wouldn't expect them to balloon in front of him in the upper tier. It's not rocket science is it.

People have different views on what environment they see fit for kids at football. As Big E says if you wanna watch the game without consistent verbals watch in WSU. If you wanna be part of a more vocal crowd sit in ESL. We all know what each area of the stadium provides so its not difficult to get a ticket in the area/atmosphere you want.

Big E, your making a lot of assumptions. Stone Island up, balooning .swearing, pissed up fuckwit bouncing around. One thing you didn't assume is the group that left/ ejected the West stand were supporting their team and trying to create an atmosphere. Something only the away fans create at the Reebok these days.

Edited by waffer cup 07

Big E, your making a lot of assumptions. Stone Island up, balooning .swearing, pissed up fuckwit bouncing around. One thing you didn't assume is the group that left/ ejected the West stand were supporting their team and trying to create an atmosphere. Something only the away fans create at the Reebok these days.

You are right but I suspect my assumptions were correct. People do not just get thrown out. There are loads of rules on the tickets which they will have broken hence the ejection. I too am a pissed up ballooning fuckwit however I know not to do it in east upper. Too many people play the victim. If you act up and make yourself stand out you will get grief.

While I agree that you expect certain behaviour in certain parts of the ground.

I disagree that if you sit in any part of the ground you should behave in a certain way.

Don't people go to cheer on their team anymore?

Like someone said on an earlier thread the clue is in the name "supporter".

While I agree that you expect certain behaviour in certain parts of the ground.

I disagree that if you sit in any part of the ground you should behave in a certain way.

Don't people go to cheer on their team anymore?

Like someone said on an earlier thread the clue is in the name "supporter".

Support yes but not at the expense of someone else's experience.