Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey

roybarker

todays news about them possibly going out of the football league is dreadful

on the one hand we have man city and all the money at their disposal and at the other end portsmouth

cant forget the night at the reebok 10 years or more ago when we beat them in a midweek game 4-0 and a few hundred of their fans sang none stop and got a standing ovation by us at the end etc

surely the rest of football/goverment must get to grips with how the game is run

Are Portsmouth at the other end though? There's clubs struggle week in week with staff who do it for the love, and no wage. They can only dream of being where Portsmouth have been.

Don't get me wrong, if it was us I'd be bleating, and I wish the fans no ill, but I'll not be shedding any tears if they fold. Maybe an investigation as to how this can happen though wouldn't go amiss. Fit & proper is clearly a misnomer.

The way their fans treated us at their place the day we got qualified for Europe and more importantly the first time we played after Fernys death,I will respect them forever and a day,.

I really do hope they sort it out,as they,just like us,love their club.

Top lads them lot....even if Westy offered to buy me drinks all night if he could feel my wifes tits! :D

on the one hand we have man city and all the money at their disposal and at the other end portsmouth

cant forget the night at the reebok 10 years or more ago when we beat them in a midweek game 4-0 and a few hundred of their fans sang none stop and got a standing ovation by us at the end etc

surely the rest of football/goverment must get to grips with how the game is run

But pompey got in their position in the hope of similar success as Citeh with the foreign owners etc.

I quite like pompey as a club and had a chat with westy watching the world cup on the big screen at Donnington.

I wish them well but they swam with sharks and got bit.

This is what happens when you over reach what you can support. If only large sections of our fans would realise this is what would happen to us chasing the dream

correct

my worry is that this could happen to us,we all go along with the uncle eddie scenario but what if

the debt is so large we wouldnt survive

As ever, the people who get fucked over are the fans.

Don't know where you get the 4-0 from. We've beaten Portsmouth by that score a few times at home, but never at the Reebok.

They beat us 4-0 at their gaff ten years ago.

As ever, the people who get fucked over are the fans.

Don't know where you get the 4-0 from. We've beaten Portsmouth by that score a few times at home, but never at the Reebok.

They beat us 4-0 at their gaff ten years ago.

Thanks for that. I thought it was my mind going .....

Is a certain Mr Redknapp in any way guilty of pushing them into this position.A lot of people Iv,e spoken to believe He was bordering on being reckless in his spending whilst in charge there,and handing out wages and contracts that the club clearly could not sustain..Is that same scenario now being repeated at QPR.???????

• Moderators

Is a certain Mr Redknapp in any way guilty of pushing them into this position.A lot of people Iv,e spoken to believe He was bordering on being reckless in his spending whilst in charge there,and handing out wages and contracts that the club clearly could not sustain..Is that same scenario now being repeated at QPR.???????

No, its whoever owned the club and allows that money to be spent knowing it wasn't sustainable

Redknapp is only doing what Mancini is doing at city and what fat Sam wanted to do alot more of at Bolton but our owners were having none of it

No I'm sure the wonderful cockney wideboy knew nothing about anything. Why would you question paying muntari 90k a week on crowds of 16-18k a week, I genuinely believe without his reign they'd be fine now.

Give Redknapp £1 and he will want to spend £2 as i've said on another post he's paid top dollar for tat and no-one ever questions him. The stadium holds about 20,000 so you don't have to be a nuclear scientist to know that the maths don't add up when offer silly wages to average players. Each and everyone one of them should be accountable but that will never happen, the club is fucked and Redknapp and the rest of his cronies have just walked away

I would love it QPR go down love it

If the maths have to add up Chelsea, Blackburn and Man City wouldn't have won the PL and Wigan and Fulham would never have played in it.

Mourinho buys success at Chelsea and he's a genius, Harry buys Portsmouth the FA Cup and he's a bent Cockney wideboy.I don't get the difference.

Mourinho has done a hell of a lot more than the media darling has. Redknapp had his chance with a great team at spurs and now he's Qpr manager while Mourinho is Real Madrid manager. That's quite some difference

Redknapp is not the club's accountant.

His responisibility is to try and make the team perform as well as he can with the funds he is given. I'd say he did that. It's the people above him who control the income and expenditure that ruined Portsmouth.

Mourinho has done a hell of a lot more than the media darling has. Redknapp had his chance with a great team at spurs and now he's Qpr manager while Mourinho is Real Madrid manager. That's quite some difference

Mourinho has managed Chelsea and Real Madrid who both spend wads more than Portsmouth and Tottenham.Has Mourinho ever got a middling club like West Ham into 5th in the Prem without money or knocked Man Utd out of the Fa Cup while managing Bournemouth? He isn't a duffer is Harry.

Mourinho has managed Chelsea and Real Madrid who both spend wads more than Portsmouth and Tottenham.Has Mourinho ever got a middling club like West Ham into 5th in the Prem without money or knocked Man Utd out of the Fa Cup while managing Bournemouth? He isn't a duffer is Harry.

Yes he is. The money he spent at pompey and spurs imo has shown a poor return on investment. At pompey they were paying wages we couldn't dream of and they were no better than us. His replacement at spurs is doing a better job despite losing spuds 2 best players in the window.

Mourinho never needs to manage west ham to get them 5th. He earnt his stripes completing a back to back UEFA cup and champions league with unfancied Porto. An achievement that I think outweighs beating the dmbs in the cup.

Edited by tomski