Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby County 1 Bolton Wanderers 1

miamiwhite

• Members

Why not!

Anyway I don't get everyone leaping to the defence of Bogdan when he clearly hasn't been up to it, he is easily one of the worst goalkeepers in the team in the last 20 years

I reckon folk 'leap to his defence' because they can see some of the shit being spouted isn't warranted.

I'd imagine Mears and Knight being totally shit also has an effect on the defence.

But isn't their shitness currently being cancelled out by the sudden miraculous transformation of Marcos Alonso, who has gone from being Gerald Cid to Roberto Carlos in a matter of weeks? :D

• Moderators

He's not expecting to save everything that comes his way..... But he doesn't fill people with confidence so that could b having an effect on the defence. Doesn't command his box enough, flaps on corners and isn't the best shot stopper in all fairness

why have we gone back to talkiing about jussi?

• Moderators

What other right back do we have?!? And also what other centre back because ream isn't great and wheater isn't 100% match fit

So we've got one right back and he's shit. Knight is shit and everyone else is injured. The only defence Marcos Alonso has is a Spanish lawyer. Yet we should change keeper. That well known tactic used by successful managers throughout the world.

IAMOUT.

• Moderators

Why not!

Anyway I don't get everyone leaping to the defence of Bogdan when he clearly hasn't been up to it, he is easily one of the worst goalkeepers in the team in the last 20 years

regular keepers in the last 20 years

that'd be branagan, jussi and bogdan, i think (im sure i'm missing somebody)

oh aye, steve banks

well, he aint a patch on jussi, but he was one of the best in the league for years and years and years, despite the reebok experts reckoning he was shite

he's better than banks

prob a fag paper between him and branagan

So we've got one right back and he's shit. Knight is shit and everyone else is injured. The only defence Marcos Alonso has is a Spanish lawyer. Yet we should change keeper. That well known tactic used by successful managers throughout the world.

IAMOUT.

Injuries can't be helped And options are limited.... We have an option to change keeper here, not losing anything by trying it?

That defence has been shit no matter who the goalkeeper was.

The right men in front of him and Bogdan's confidence will come on leaps and bounds.

He does make errors,but so did Jussi.

Having said that I'd like to see what Lonergan can do at some point.He looked a decent keeper against Sun'lun and Everton.

Our most recent positive performances have all had pratley as the Att mid in 4231. Shift him back to there and either get medo in or bring back vela to play alongside spearing.

442 will only be viable when Holden is fit or if medo looks like a good en.

• Members

Our most recent positive performances have all had pratley as the Att mid in 4231. Shift him back to there and either get medo in or bring back vela to play alongside spearing.

442 will only be viable when Holden is fit or if medo looks like a good en.

I agree Chris.

Trouble is neither Medo or Holden are Dougie fit yet, so that only leaves Vela to play alongside Spearing. I didn't go (#shitfan) but by all accounts Vela was anonymous at Watford.

Also, would you play Pratley in that advanced role ahead of M.Davies?

Pratleys not gunna score a wonder goal but he'll make things a hell of alot easier for Ngog sordell c Davies eagles and lee. Plus when he bags one or two he'll get confidence to play a bit more.

I'm not sure what's majorly wrong with a def mid being anonymous. Just need someone to cover when full backs attack. Someone to play simple passes and show for the ball when needed. And not go charging forward at every opportunity.