Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wenger - Losing The Plot?

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators

He could be a proper mard cunt and refuse to talk to the media...

Anyway... Cazorla... Fine player... Why the fuck does Motty or whichever twat is commentating have to call him Santi Cazorla? To differentiate from his brother Dave who plays right back? The joy with which they say it is like they are simultaniously ejeculating. Santi Cazorla!!! Then ITV took this a step further and used his Sunday name of Santiago Cazorla. WTF???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Then ITV took this a step further and used his Sunday name of Santiago Cazorla. WTF???

That's gotta be the same commentator (is is Tyldesley?) who insists on calling the Barca wing-back "Daniel Alves" ... even though on the back of shirt it says "Dani Alves" FFS.

• Moderators

Arsenal fans are some of the most deluded around.

Almost every club in the country would employ Wenger tomorrow. If he leaves, their next appointment will see them drop like a rock.

nah, its all relative - bit like when loads of people were pissed with fat sam when he had us finishing top 7!

I can see why the fans are pissed off

if they don't get a CL place this season, plus out of 2 trophies to lower league teams, it's fair to say a season like this has been coming

they've had to sit and watch their best players leave season by season, and watch them go to teams who win titles - if the players can see they need to leave to win things, what does that say to the fans?

yeah, wenger did a superb job of turning his first team into winners, then dismantling it, building an "invincible" team but since then he seems to think that each season he can bring in young players and not add any real quality to the squad (or do so on the "cheap") because it worked before a la Henry, Viera, Fabregas, Nasri etc - but it's not been working, as they haven't won owt and all their best players leave to win stuff - so perhaps Arsenal do need a fresh approach

plus it can't help that Wenger doesn't splash out because, if rumours/stories are to be believed, he pockets a percentage of what they don't spend - he could've had Cahill but decided he'd try and get him on the cheap, and that backfired

I still think they'll finish 4th as Spurs squad is too thin, but they haven't shown progress in a few years, whilst those around them have, and it may catch up with them unless they change something soon - either their spending policy or their manager

That's gotta be the same commentator (is is Tyldesley?) who insists on calling the Barca wing-back "Daniel Alves" ... even though on the back of shirt it says "Dani Alves" FFS.

Don't know if it's right but it pissed me off when Tyldesley always had to say Anelka's full name but called him 'Nicola' Anelka instead of Nicolas.

Listened to a bit of Keys and Gray yesterday and they had a segment about European football, Keys insisted on referring to PSV as "Pay Esh Vaay" on numerous occasions, but then just said all the other teams as normal, it grated.

Ha, Tomski I remember some of Pleat's shambolic pronunciations... "Paul Sholes!" But he did used to say good evening everyone at the start of his co-commentary which no-one else did, so I thought he was alright

He could be a proper mard cunt and refuse to talk to the media...

Anyway... Cazorla... Fine player... Why the fuck does Motty or whichever twat is commentating have to call him Santi Cazorla? To differentiate from his brother Dave who plays right back? The joy with which they say it is like they are simultaniously ejeculating. Santi Cazorla!!! Then ITV took this a step further and used his Sunday name of Santiago Cazorla. WTF???

Even worse when he gets called Santi Cat-Sor-La, although I can't think what delinquent commentator it is that does it, winds me right up.