Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What Ever Happened To.....

Sweep

..that Portugese tramp that Man Utd signed a few years ago for about £8M? - I think he had only ever played about 20 games in the Portugese league and then Ferguson signed him for shit loads of money.....just wondering where he vanised to.

I presume Carlos will know.

• Moderators

He's at Rio Ave, who I've been watching a few of times. They sold Joao Tomas (the Portuguese John Thomas) to Angola and brought Bebe in on loan. At the same time, Temetope Odibayi (remember him) started to recover from injury but can't get a game still due to Bebe's arrival.

Rio Ave are I think 5th in the league and Bebe looks a class above when I've seen him.

They've also got a young Egyptian forward called Hassan Koka who is a fucking monster. One for the top.

Rio Ave are I think 5th in the league and Bebe looks a class above when I've seen him.

So he's not a complete waste of £8M then....you reckon he'll ever be good enough to comeback to England?

• Moderators

Not a waste but a dodgy transfer none the less. He can play and is big enough to play here, prob not for United though. He was at Besiktas but got injured.

Makakula is at Setubal too, I doubt he'll be back.

• Moderators

Talking of o Rio Ave...

Benfica defender Fabio Faria retires from professional football at the age of 23 because of heart problems.

"This decision really pains me but I had the support of my parents, girlfriend, Benfica, Rio Ave [his loan club], my agent and also from the players' union," said Faria. "That's life. The last exams did not go as well as we hoped for."

Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira vowed the club would help Faria. He said: "He can count on Benfica, he won't be unemployed. We have a contract with Faria until 2015 and we will keep to it. Benfica's door will remain open."