Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Testimonials

Adlington White

First testimonial I remember was for Peter Thompson in 78 and he wasn't at Bolton for ten years. Stuart Hall scored in that game. Ahem.

I know I'm getting on & forgetful, but wasn't that his Liverpool testimonial, granted to him by Liverpool & played whilst he was with us?

Guest Blixa

You might be right, I was very young at the time. I thought it was Bolton v a combined Liverpool & Everton XI.

Remember (I think) us showing off our Championship trophy and them doing the rounds with theirs. Also vaguely remember Jim McDonagh taking at least 2 penalties. Presumably around 50,000 on, as it always was, but it seemed nearer 20-25k.

Guest Blixa

The fact that you can't remember says everything about the current furore. If Davies leaves and someone comes in and scores goals, this will be brushed under the carpet in no time.

That's modern football for you. All about results, nothing about the people.

• Moderators

Remember (I think) us showing off our Championship trophy and them doing the rounds with theirs. Also vaguely remember Jim McDonagh taking at least 2 penalties. Presumably around 50,000 on, as it always was, but it seemed nearer 20-25k.

mcdonagh definitely scored with a volley at the lever end

clemence also scored at the lever end

Looking at getting a flag sorted for both Gardner and SKD in time for the Blackpool game.

Something like:

"who put the ball in the Munich net?" and/or

"thank you for the memories"

Something from the fans, they have both been important in our recent history and deserve some ackowledgement from us.

Davies did against them at the Reebok but I can't remember Gardner scoring against them..?