Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Blackpool 2

seasider

Yeah well you'll bring 5000 because its your cup final. This'll be your second ever visit to the Reebok and only your second to Bolton since 1993. Would you care to remind me why that was? I don't know why you persist with all this "Horwich" stuff either - given it is clearly delivered as some kind of insult. Nobody is offended.

Why mention Horwich then if you are not offended. Clearly you are.

Bless... a little play off run and it's back to being massive Bolton? Let's face it you only get 4,000 more than us at home and that's with a more successful season and supposedly 'an established Premier League club'.

Big club.... my arse.

Edited by seasider

Bless... a little play off run and it's back to being massive Bolton? Let's face it you only get 4,000 more than us at home and that's with a more successful season and supposedly 'an established Premier League club'.

Big club.... my arse.

No, we're not a particularly big club when compared to many. But when compared to Blackpool, yes, we are. If we finish 8th this season, our current position, that'll be our worst league placing since 93/4. Where were you all that time? I would anticipate that Blackpool have never in my lifetime had an average home attendance above Bolton's. We've had 13 Prem seasons, you've had one. We've qualified for Europe twice, you never have. Etc etc. Don't expect to be taken seriously beyond any matchday when Bolton play Blackpool.

Guest bwfcdan

Didn't Blackpool get over 15,000 for the first time since the 70's when they played us this season?

Everyone wants to see Bolton :D

I reckon seasider is that chap who pinched gonzos best coat !!

That's still a sore subject I'll have you know.

Some cunt will be showing off 'his' Marsellies away match tickets stub whilst looking well hard in front of his jealous mates.

Wanker.

• Moderators

Big club.... my arse.

seeing as you've spent 6 months being higher in the league than us, this 'shit season' doesn't really wash

like you n your mum, :lol:

Really?

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Someone rattles hus cage and he gets all defensive. Small club mentality that.

Wouldn't catch the Horwich top boys rising for the bait as easy.

Oh Bolton Wanderers, the only team to ever....

Just like we filled 5,000 at Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton in the Premier League and we would fill our allocation whatever it might be at Bolton even with all the shit we have had this season.

Everybody (even tinpot clubs like B/pool ) takes loads of fans away in their first season in the Premier League. In every subsequent season in the Premier League, nearly everyones' away support dwindles...........but you wouldn't know that !

No, we're not a particularly big club when compared to many. But when compared to Blackpool, yes, we are. If we finish 8th this season, our current position, that'll be our worst league placing since 93/4. Where were you all that time? I would anticipate that Blackpool have never in my lifetime had an average home attendance above Bolton's. We've had 13 Prem seasons, you've had one. We've qualified for Europe twice, you never have. Etc etc. Don't expect to be taken seriously beyond any matchday when Bolton play Blackpool.

Absolutely spot on.

It's what annoys me most about the deluded majority of them.

They seem to think as club size and a business they are within the stratosphere as us.

The whole set up at Bolton is on another level completely in comparison taking into acount the academy youth set up,commercial side,stadium,the complex etc.

And that's not even taking into account the 25 years playing history as covered by Paul Hanley,draws at Bayern Munich and wins at Red Star Belgrade spring to mind.

I've had conversations with Blackpool fans all my life,and the majority hold us in the same breath hence its only the sound ones I can still speak to about football,the rest like seaside can carry on in their deluded little fantasy for all I give a fuck.

My best mate is Blackpool season ticket holder and also happens to work at offices attached to the reebok and obviously is witness to the whole set up at reebok on a day to day basis.safe to say I've grown quite fond of his reaction when Bolton and Blackpool are mentioned as similar sized clubs,I.e get fucked,they are light years ahead of us.

To quote rafa...that is a fact.

Michael Appleton came from Portsmouth and couldn't wait to jump ship to Blackburn with rumours of how shocked he was at just how crap the set up there is . Everything from the 'temporary' ( how long can it be called that before its a misnomer?) away stand, training facilities, managers portakabin etc is third division at best.

Makes me laugh when the tangos boast about their away following at their biggest game of the season. Yes well done at bringing 4,000, lucky we have the stadium and facilities to accommodate it, shame you can't reciprocate. Don't even have a bar or proper toilets in your shithole of a ground. Hope you enjoy the day at a proper stadium in Horwich, Bolton. Apart from the result of course.

Of all our local detractors, over the years, these lot are potentially the worst when it comes to empty threats and talk that comes to nothing. Their support was summed up for me: (1) in the 70s when they brought away followings of around 1000 or less on more than one occasion and (2) in the 80s when half their support skulked on to the Embankment a good 10-15 minutes after kick off to laughter from the Manny Road North. Piss poor.

Edited by paulhanley