Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• Moderators
5 hours ago, royal white said:

There’s a young pro called Alex Murphy (3-0) who’s a wanderers season ticket holder. He’s been self promoting lately on FB trying to get some fans in. Fair play to him it would be good if some of our fans could get down and watch him in his next fight which is at the Reebok on the 30th July .

If he comes on here, you just know he will get a few to show up

Have a word

15 hours ago, royal white said:

There’s a young pro called Alex Murphy (3-0) who’s a wanderers season ticket holder. He’s been self promoting lately on FB trying to get some fans in. Fair play to him it would be good if some of our fans could get down and watch him in his next fight which is at the Reebok on the 30th July .

Everyone will be in ipswich

bad planning

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Alex Murphy said:

Hi everyone @royal whitehas introduced me to this forum so thanks for that mate. I think a few of you already know about my next fight, but if not I would just like to introduce myself. 

My name is Alex Murphy, I'm 21 years old and I'm  3-0 as a professional boxer but most importantly  I've been a Bolton fan for my whole life, my next fight is at our stadium in the premier suite on the 30th July which is an absolute dream come true for me. 

I'd love to get the whole club behind me for this next fight and for the rest of my career, you can message me for any info. I really appreciate all the support I've already had from the fans and look forward to hopefully meeting more of you soon.  

I'm at Ipswich that day but will keep my eye open for future fights.

I love the local scene. Watched Tyson Fury in his 2nd or 3rd pro fight against a German lad in Wigan, knew he'd be a world champ that night.

Seen loads of the old local lads on these shows - Moorsey, Jennings, Murray brothers, Quigg, Alex Matvienko etc.

Here's to another one to add to the list.

Is Paul Booth MC on your events? I've known him since I was 5 so if he is, I'll prob end up at a few fights away from the area

37 minutes ago, Alex Murphy said:

Hi everyone @royal whitehas introduced me to this forum so thanks for that mate. I think a few of you already know about my next fight, but if not I would just like to introduce myself. 

My name is Alex Murphy, I'm 21 years old and I'm  3-0 as a professional boxer but most importantly  I've been a Bolton fan for my whole life, my next fight is at our stadium in the premier suite on the 30th July which is an absolute dream come true for me. 

I'd love to get the whole club behind me for this next fight and for the rest of my career, you can message me for any info. I really appreciate all the support I've already had from the fans and look forward to hopefully meeting more of you soon.  

Good luck pal. 

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'm at Ipswich that day but will keep my eye open for future fights.

I love the local scene. Watched Tyson Fury in his 2nd or 3rd pro fight against a German lad in Wigan, knew he'd be a world champ that night.

Seen loads of the old local lads on these shows - Moorsey, Jennings, Murray brothers, Quigg, Alex Matvienko etc.

Here's to another one to add to the list.

Is Paul Booth MC on your events? I've known him since I was 5 so if he is, I'll prob end up at a few fights away from the area

Thank you mate I hope you have a great time at Ipswich.

Some great names there, I’m confident I’ll be following in the same footsteps for sure. 

Not 100% sure who the MC is but that name does sound familiar so it could possibly be him yeah. 

I hope to see you at the shows one day.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Alex Murphy said:

Thank you mate I hope you have a great time at Ipswich.

Some great names there, I’m confident I’ll be following in the same footsteps for sure. 

Not 100% sure who the MC is but that name does sound familiar so it could possibly be him yeah. 

I hope to see you at the shows one day.

He's bald as a coot, done a number of Channel 5 shows, Mick Hennessey usually has him on his shows. Cracking lad.

I'll certainly be at some of your upcoming shows. I need an excuse to get back into it. I've been lax since covid took aim.

Totally away though, I'm of the opinion Connor Benn is the real deal but not yet fully tested. Do you think he'll go to the top or be Euro/world level without hitting elite? I'm just interested to hear a pro's take. Cheers

49 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

He's bald as a coot, done a number of Channel 5 shows, Mick Hennessey usually has him on his shows. Cracking lad.

I'll certainly be at some of your upcoming shows. I need an excuse to get back into it. I've been lax since covid took aim.

Totally away though, I'm of the opinion Connor Benn is the real deal but not yet fully tested. Do you think he'll go to the top or be Euro/world level without hitting elite? I'm just interested to hear a pro's take. Cheers

Hahaha no it won't be him then but I would have seen him before I'm sure. 

I agree with you, Connor Benn looks like he has the potential to be world class but needs testing a lot more to prove that. I think he's been managed really well in terms of fighting the right people at the right time. I can't imagine him beating the likes of Crawford or Spence any time soon but he's still young so could prove to be that level in years to come. 

I was at his last fight live and he's very entertaining to watch, very explosive and seems to be adapting a Mike Tyson style. It'll be interesting to see where he goes with his career.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Alex Murphy said:

Hahaha no it won't be him then but I would have seen him before I'm sure. 

I agree with you, Connor Benn looks like he has the potential to be world class but needs testing a lot more to prove that. I think he's been managed really well in terms of fighting the right people at the right time. I can't imagine him beating the likes of Crawford or Spence any time soon but he's still young so could prove to be that level in years to come. 

I was at his last fight live and he's very entertaining to watch, very explosive and seems to be adapting a Mike Tyson style. It'll be interesting to see where he goes with his career.

Thanks Alex. Pretty much my thinking, his team keeping him away from them 2 until they are coming down the other side of the hill.

Crawford is a beast.

Like the 4 Kings though, fight the best, if you fall short, try again at 1 weight different and see what that does. Entertains fans more than protecting an 0