Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crowds Next Season

davidjack

Will they hold up? We averaged 18k this season, which was very good, considering we were shite for two thirds of the season. Depends on the start I guess...get off to a good one and I'd like to think we'd be getting something similar - even around the 20 mark if we're up near the top.

Depends how we start I reckon.

I think there should be quite a bit of optimism around so hoping to see decent crowds from the off ... but get off to a bad start though and there'll be booing and "You don't know what you're doing" aplenty and we'll be down to 15k-16k crowds

The decent end to the season should mean more season ticket sales that I was expecting back in February. Most optimistic end to a season for a few years.

18,000 average was pretty good given the dire season till February. Should hold up next season, especially if we manage a good start and if DF makes some astute signings & changes this summer.

I suspect for the first month or two we will be getting either side of 16000 rather than either side of 17000 which is what we had for much of this season. If we start doing well, we'll be back up to this season's average and maybe a bit more. .

funny that most of the JCLs on Saturday fucked off for a pint/moan when Blackpools 2nd went in.

I honestly dont see the point in coming then fucking off when the chips are down.

id expect the normal 17k-18k until we have a good run again.

What surprised me this year was that the demographic especially at away games seems to have changed a bit with more drunken lads then in the premier and more young lads turning up. Whilst were in this division that's the way we'll get new fans. Lads telling their mates at school/work that it's a laugh

funny that most of the JCLs on Saturday fucked off for a pint/moan when Blackpools 2nd went in.

I honestly dont see the point in coming then fucking off when the chips are down.

id expect the normal 17k-18k until we have a good run again.

I went down for a pint just after their second goal. To be fair I'd have probably stayed there had I been in North Lower as normal, but I was right at the side of the Blackpool fans and couldn't be arsed with their crowing.

Our crowds this season have been a pleasant surprise, and I don't see any reason for that not to continue given our form at the start of the season. Not as if we're losing any big away followings from the average either.

I went down for a pint just after their second goal. To be fair I'd have probably stayed there had I been in North Lower as normal, but I was right at the side of the Blackpool fans and couldn't be arsed with their crowing.

Our crowds this season have been a pleasant surprise, and I don't see any reason for that not to continue given our form at the start of the season. Not as if we're losing any big away followings from the average either.

plenty of jcls in the NSL on Saturday.

even the rows at the front were full up.

most of them are the fuckwits who turn up once boo their tits off then go for a beer with 20 mins of half left. Then calli Players/managers/tactics because they have paid £25/£30 for the biggest game of the season. I for one wont be too arsed over crowds next year. bigger isnt always better

Edited by hughesy

plenty of jcls in the NSL on Saturday.

even the rows at the front were full up.

most of them are the fuckwits who turn up once boo their tits off then go for a beer with 20 mins of half left. Then calli Players/managers/tactics because they have paid £25/£30 for the biggest game of the season. I for one wont be too arsed over crowds next year. bigger isnt always better

Not wrong there. Thankfully the spot I usually have in NSL is pretty much the only seat around there that isn't a season ticket holder. There is one bloke though who had a real vendetta against Petrov, and has since transferred it to Pratley...he's basically become a parody of himself this season given Pratley's improvement! He knows it as well to be fair and has just ended up taking the piss out of himself to save face.

What surprised me this year was that the demographic especially at away games seems to have changed a bit with more drunken lads then in the premier and more young lads turning up. Whilst were in this division that's the way we'll get new fans. Lads telling their mates at school/work that it's a laugh

Top post Ghana

More of the youth will be taking the Whites pledge especially now those dirty cunts down the road are losing their popularity

It's much more of a laugh to go to a game when there's a chance of not getting dicked. Especially if there's of a chance of celebrating a few goals.

Plus it's a chain effect, there's more general folk going, which makes it more enjoyable for 'lads' to go as there's a bit more of an atmosphere. And the general folk probably go cause there's more lads going.