Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyles Shit

anewman

Wilshire of course kept the team with the crap midfield  he inherited up.

Another myth. He wasn't any great shakes up to the West Ham game and had at best 4 or 5 good games for us.

As regards it going downhill after the Stoke game, I though that we had a bad spell in the League from early Jan that year and he showed no signs of putting it right.

As regards Wigan having a better squad than he inherited at Bolton. Laughable.

He had a nucleus of good Premiership players that came 14th with 41 points the previous season. Wigan just weren't anywhere near up to it in the League last season.

When you think about it, Holden has been good. The best you could say is judgement is still out on the rest. Alonso came good too I suppose.

i'll level with you. the answer in my head was fixed i.e. shit

list in the link

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2012/10/9/3477974/breaking-down-those-that-owen-coyle-brought-in-a-look-at-the-mans

I still reckon his big signings, expected to contribute i.e. not Allardyce punts, in the main have been wank

Agree, I think his loans saved his transfer rep. Not necessarily good at loans, Id say ambitious. Everyone knew sturridge, wilshire, Rodrigo, thiago ( I appreciate he didnt sign) etc were going to be good, was just ambitious enough to get them on board.

Just read that telegraph article usual platitudes from coyle most of it fair enough but the blokes a dinosaur in modern day footballing terms you can't deny his upbringing etc etc have contributed to his relative success in professional football and management buthe's clearly not changed one bit all that shite and the romantic gravelly Glaswegian tones don't get players fit, at their peak or teams tactically flexible it's as vomitsome as listening to Emlyn Hughes anecdotes in his Bill Shankly mode - unfortunately at championship level the enthusiastic Harry Bassett approach can work

Be intereting to see if some of the predictions on here about doing Well at first then shit come true. Without any rose colored glasses, how well do you think we're going to do this season if we don't land dawson etc ?

Be intereting to see if some of the predictions on here about doing Well at first then shit come true. Without any rose colored glasses, how well do you think we're going to do this season if we don't land dawson etc ?

if we don't....

The opposite to Wigan; slow start again, but coming good

Both finishing lower top 6 to 10th

If we do get the players DF wants, pushing for Automatic IMo

Europe is going to be a major drag on Wigan's season. They'll also suffer from teams setting up to defend against them, something they'd never have encountered in the Prem. Coyle is too easily tactically outmanouvered, unless all of his instincts have changed.

Owen Coyle is an ex Bolton striker who I have fond memories of during a great spell for our club. He must have fond memories too as he left a club he was doing really really well with to come manage us. We were all pretty happy at the time. The Burnley fans spoke a lot of desperate, jealous nonsense at the time.

So a few years on... it didn't quite work out and despite an attacking style and a good first 12 months we went downhill pretty quickly. Tactically Coyle was found wanting and we had to part company.

Come on now guys lets not start to rant jealously if he enjoys a good season with Wigan ... ultimately we know he will be found wanting when the bad results start, but that could be a few seasons away yet

Come on you Whites!

Owen Coyle is an ex Bolton striker who I have fond memories of during a great spell for our club. He must have fond memories too as he left a club he was doing really really well with to come manage us. We were all pretty happy at the time. The Burnley fans spoke a lot of desperate, jealous nonsense at the time.

So a few years on... it didn't quite work out and despite an attacking style and a good first 12 months we went downhill pretty quickly. Tactically Coyle was found wanting and we had to part company.

Come on now guys lets not start to rant jealously if he enjoys a good season with Wigan ... ultimately we know he will be found wanting when the bad results start, but that could be a few seasons away yet

Come on you Whites!

I'd say, Coyle being inable to formulate a plan B & relegation are a little more than "quite"

Honestly, I'm not jealous.