Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest 3 Bolton 0

M G WHITES

Yes disappointing away day but we will be back. Also has the one who said Zat Knight didn't do too badly seen that first goal again? Passed straight to Forest player and then watched him sail past two minutes into the game. How long before we get some steel in that centre of defence? Come on Dougie sort it.

Yes disappointing away day but we will be back. Also has the one who said Zat Knight didn't do too badly seen that first goal again? Passed straight to Forest player and then watched him sail past two minutes into the game. How long before we get some steel in that centre of defence? Come on Dougie sort it.

Who can we speak to to make them see sense that he's fucking shit?

Who can we speak to to make them see sense that he's fucking shit?

I'm waiting for the next time dougie frequents twitter. I'll make sure he's fully aware of my thoughts on that absolute bag of shit, it probably won't make a scrap of difference but it will make me feel better.

Tho it made no sense, it did make me wonder what our club anthem might be. I wouldn't want the new Reebok Voice in charge of organising it, but something that we sang spontaneously just before kick-off, maybe about Nat, would be great and really get people fired up. Anything that wasn't a half-hearted 'Wanderers Wanderers Wanderers' would do for me.

We've now gone through 3 managers who all want to pick zat knight and I still don't know why but happy to put that to one side for the sake of my sanity - that aside I still think we 're nearer success than we are failure - game 3 which contained 2 very tough away games and 2 very tough games to come we'll not know our promotion chances until its mathematically impossible or mathematically in the bag this league is that mad so if you're not keen on the rollercoaster I suggest u get off the rest of us don't want spraying with sick every time we hit a dip

Calling for DF's head already is daft.

I've been saying for months that sorting out the shite left by Coyle will be a long job - especially with no money to spend, and one-out for one-in scenario. It's no fun seeing us struggle with too many feeble players but that's the name of the game for a while yet. Get used to it.

Weve no money and we are staying down. Some teams will get to the prem spending nowt...we wont be one!

Not many will get to the Prem spending 'nowt'. Cardiff and Hull last year have new owners who have put a lot of money in. Palace haven't really spent much, wonder how they did it?

Calling for DF's head already is daft.

I've been saying for months that sorting out the shite left by Coyle will be a long job - especially with no money to spend, and one-out for one-in scenario. It's no fun seeing us struggle with too many feeble players but that's the name of the game for a while yet. Get used to it.

I agree its way way to early to be talking about the manager. Its a bad start, lets see where we are at when we've played the yeovil, millwalls and barnsleys come mid november.

What i will say though is, why will it take so long to "sort out coyles mess"? When coyle was here we were led to believe it was his shit tactics that were the reason we were struggling and that the squad was to good to go down/should then easily win the championship, if that was the case then shouldnt a brilliant manager we able to turn that round in 10 months? Maybe just maybe we had a poorer side than we'd like to believe all along.

• Members

Not getting excited until we're 10-12 games in. Stupid to do so.

I will start to get excited when we are hovering in upper mid table at Christmas and then come with a win peppered run to the end of the season.

You heard it here first.

In anser to the question..... About mull of kintyre "Mull of Kintyre" ...

"City ground all mist rolling in from the Trent, my desire is always to be here at .... City Ground .......repeat as necessary..."...but it's far better than what we can muster and did make for a great home atmosphere at ko time and half time ko time. ....

Btw...i am on that pic of wanderers fans in the lower bridgford end

Btw...wheater not fit for purpose...those who slag off knight take a closer look at wheater...dreadful and far worse than knight.

Cheers , phil

• Moderators

I think I said I'd judge him come December this season. However, I didn't know what constraints we'd be operating under. Proper hard job at the moment, a shit keeper, no centre backs that can defend, CYL not up to the job, Holden crocked again, Eagles crocked, Pratley due a ban already and without a striker who looks like scoring. It does not look good.

I like wheater I think he'll come good, I just think as a partnership him and knight are terrible. Knight needs someone who can cover his two or three obligatory mistakes he makes a game, wheater hasn't got the pace presently to do that. I still expect us to be in the play offs, we've got a good side in the making, we need Beckford to come good, one of the squads play makers to do the business and a centre back.

• Moderators

I think I said I'd judge him come December this season. However, I didn't know what constraints we'd be operating under. Proper hard job at the moment, a shit keeper, no centre backs that can defend, CYL not up to the job, Holden crocked again, Eagles crocked, Pratley due a ban already and without a striker who looks like scoring. It does not look good.

well, we did know

many of the constraints were why we appointed him in the first place

injuries and suspensions are part and parcel

there's always shit players

the only thing we didn't know is who he'd let go and who he'd bring in

early days mind, but there's excuse for saturday's performance if we aspire to be challenging