Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crowds

davidjack

There's a difference between standing up and singing and standing up and doing the slit throat action towards away fans or jumping up and shouting expletives towards the ref with plenty of kids around and going overboard. Our stewards are pretty tame but have a stroll up the stairs when required and our club is better for it.

Are we talking about the stewards at reebok here?

As for swearing, please, if you go in ESL don't ask a short middle aged woman to tone her language down.

Esl needs less stewards acting like cunts.

But folk who sit in the wsu and complain about no Bugger singing, what do they expect. We've been at the Reebok long enough for folk who want a sing song to know to sit in that corner of the esl.

Not necessarily, that corner is very youth orientated now.

I agree.

I got tutted at with 30 seconds and sat in silence for the whole first half.

I hope that you seagulled the "tutter" on the way out to teach them a lesson....and then sorted them right out by chucking them down those concrete steps

I hope that you seagulled the "tutter" on the way out to teach them a lesson....and then sorted them right out by chucking them down those concrete steps

I believe a couple or few Everton fans their exit via the very same method.

The throwing of down the stairs not the seagulling obviously,that treatment is reserved for lone women on buses and trains.

Even at close to £50 the game wasn't far off a sell out

It's difficult to ever say what a maximum price should be, as with everything else it's supply and demand that dictates the prices

Spot on - got charged £15 at Rochdale for a pre season friendly a couple of years ago. It was only £20 for a league game but the clubs have to do.whatever they can to make ends meet and they imagined we would take a reasonable following prepared to stump up. 

If Bolton made tickets £15 for home games, I don't think our attendances would increase by more than 2 or 3 thousand.....you would then just have folk complaining that it's not £10

Precisely. We could make them free and a lot of people would find some other excuse not to bother turning up

Crowds -

According to the TV, Arsenal had about 200 fans in Istanbul the other night.

Spurs at Tbilisi seemed to have even less, from the very brief picture of them celebrating a goal.

Burn out, after too many years in Europe ?

in fairness spurs and arsenal are expected to go through so there away support will get stronger as they progress

in fairness spurs and arsenal are expected to go through so there away support will get stronger as they progress

Dunn about that, people were wondering BEFORE the match whether Arsenal were going through