Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gartside Out!

worthy10

And don't forget about Reading a couple of seasons ago...

Also interesting to see how Crystal Palace went this time last season under Dougie's management...won their first round tie in the CoC cup, lost their next 3 league games and then crashed out of the CoC Cup to lower league opposition. They then went on an unbeaten run til November. 

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/

Edited by burndenpaddock

Yeah, and what does that prove? Look at who's bottom of the league in that table? Big surprise - Crystal Palace, proof that Doigie has always been a shitbag maniger.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Oh for fucks sake, we've only just entered September and we are skint due to FFP and our inability to get finances to circumvent it like others.

Turmoil is the last thing we need here.

It's up to the manager to get the best out of his players during what is, on paper, an easier month.

A point against Burnley looks reasonable in light of heir start, point against Reading fair enough. QPR always looked tough.

I'd have expected us to get beat at Forest, leaving Blackburn as the one killer result in terms of poor result and performance. I'd add Tranmere, but we never give a shit about the cups.

We have much the same team as last year, just need to get some luck and form.

If things are still shit by mid-October, then I'll worry.

Fantastic post.

• Moderators

just before a turbulent month or so.

todd resigns, due to Frandsen sold against his wishes

phil brown wins 4 out of 5?

then Allardyce appointed

yeah

not sure if to think "could be worse", "we've been here before" or "we've gone backwards of late"

then I forget all that and look at Stockport in 10th

To be fair, if a new Chairman comes in then he won't have to abide the financial fair play rules. He can just make the excuse that nobody told him about it and he wasn't there at the time. The FA will probably be lenient with us given those circumstances and let us off. As will Eddie Davies and the banks.

Foolproof!

Oh for fucks sake, we've only just entered September and we are skint due to FFP and our inability to get finances to circumvent it like others.

Turmoil is the last thing we need here.

It's up to the manager to get the best out of his players during what is, on paper, an easier month.

A point against Burnley looks reasonable in light of heir start, point against Reading fair enough. QPR always looked tough.

I'd have expected us to get beat at Forest, leaving Blackburn as the one killer result in terms of poor result and performance. I'd add Tranmere, but we never give a shit about the cups.

We have much the same team as last year, just need to get some luck and form.

If things are still shit by mid-October, then I'll worry.

I'm not sure that we can keep trotting out the 'skint' excuse. Blackpool only had 14 fit players at the weekend and still beat Watford.

In theory, the team we've got now is better than the one we had last season when we finished 7th. Forest finished below us and they've kicked on while we've gone backwards.

I'm less concerned about 'turmoil' amongst the supporters than i am about the 'turmoil' in the dressing room. It doesn't matter whether we've got a better squad than other teams, if there's no team spirit. Ultimately that's down to the manager to sort out.

And don't forget about Reading a couple of seasons ago...

Also interesting to see how Crystal Palace went this time last season under Dougie's management...won their first round tie in the CoC cup, lost their next 3 league games and then crashed out of the CoC Cup to lower league opposition. They then went on an unbeaten run til November. 

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/

All that has no bearing on anything here, it was the same last season look where Reading were blah blah blah, no relevance whatsoever.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

How many other clubs were top 6 in the premiership playing in europe around 5 or 6 years ago then had a chairman appoint 4 bad managers, sanction the buying of a lot of shit on massives wages, take a half million pound bonus after relegation, upset the fans with his smarmy comments, have a house extention, full to get full value for cahill amongst others, manage to run up over 100 million pound in debts and now sit at the bottom of a shit league

But didnt he get you into that position to start with ???

I'm not sure that we can keep trotting out the 'skint' excuse. Blackpool only had 14 fit players at the weekend and still beat Watford.

In theory, the team we've got now is better than the one we had last season when we finished 7th. Forest finished below us and they've kicked on while we've gone backwards.

I'm less concerned about 'turmoil' amongst the supporters than i am about the 'turmoil' in the dressing room. It doesn't matter whether we've got a better squad than other teams, if there's no team spirit. Ultimately that's down to the manager to sort out.

Forest have bypassed FFP via sponsorship to allow them to spend.