Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brian Smith

anewman

he had been sick for a while...but still an absolute shocker, I played with him and Andy Clements for Farnworth and Worsley boys, remember he went to Birch Road school and his dad was a reporter, he always wanted to play for us, remember him scoring direct from a corner into The Lever End I think it was against Millwall...plus he played when we beat the scum at the shithole (just for playing in that game he deserves Sainthood)

rest in eternal piece Smithy lad

he had been sick for a while...but still an absolute shocker, I played with him and Andy Clements for Farnworth and Worsley boys, remember he went to Birch Road school and his dad was a reporter, he always wanted to play for us, remember him scoring direct from a corner into The Lever End I think it was against Millwall...plus he played when we beat the scum at the shithole (just for playing in that game he deserves Sainthood)

Dead right about that famous 1-2 win at the theatre of shite.

• Moderators

don't remember it being a corner but he did fluke one from in front of the burnden stand into the lever end - may even have been on motd

and steve, talk to me about andy clements!

what a talent that lad looked in the reserves