Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Birmingham 1 Bolton 2

globaldiver

One thing I loved today

Danns celebrating that goal with such passion We've missed that. He isn't the best but puts a fucking shift in which will make me back him

Coywm

There is a few good pics of this on twitter. can't figure out how to get them up (pissed) but a good few from @BWFCedits

Edited by Arrested development

Zero veiled I'm at Changi Airport, Singapore post..on my way back to the UK.

So are we by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, now?

I was at work during the match and on TowerFM you could only hear our lot singing their heads off, lump in the throat tackle that. This is only the beginning :)

• Site Supporter

What the hell was Chungy doing with the cross from Burke that led to the big late penalty claim from Birmingham? He just gave up on tracking his men and casually watched him deliver the ball. Really poor attitude.

I though this, but then I saw a different angle where the player was also being poorly closed down by a player in front of him. ream I think.

that's not excusing lee for giving up by the way.

I though this, but then I saw a different angle where the player was also being poorly closed down by a player in front of him. ream I think.

that's not excusing lee for giving up by the way.

Your right no excuse abysmal play and nearly cost us 2 points I've been a big fan of LCY but after his last 12-18 months would not be disappointed if he left the club for a fee of 2 million.

What the hell was Chungy doing with the cross from Burke that led to the big late penalty claim from Birmingham? He just gave up on tracking his men and casually watched him deliver the ball. Really poor attitude.

I think you've highlighted the difference for the last two games. 11 men absolutely killing themselves, the ones who haven't been putting a shift in are even more apparent now. Two great battling performances, what a difference a week makes, I was checking Fleetwood away last Saturday now I feel I can see what we're trying to achieve. I'd say not just a turning point for the season but for the club as a whole. He's got three nobodies in and they've done the business. Feeney destroying the full back and whipping in crosses, don't think I've seen that since David Lee

I think you've highlighted the difference for the last two games. 11 men absolutely killing themselves, the ones who haven't been putting a shift in are even more apparent now. Two great battling performances, what a difference a week makes, I was checking Fleetwood away last Saturday now I feel I can see what we're trying to achieve. I'd say not just a turning point for the season but for the club as a whole. He's got three nobodies in and they've done the business. Feeney destroying the full back and whipping in crosses, don't think I've seen that since David Lee

How much must Chungy be earning a week? I bet it is four times or more what the likes of Danns and Feeney get. The other one who falls fair and square in to the "not even remotely earning his vast wage" category is David NGog. He can be absolutely unplayable - when he decides he's going to be bothered!!

Eagles can have games where he's slack but others when he isn't - and that has been the case this season, same with Pratley (who is on £17K a week if I recall the info around the time when he signed). In both those cases that's the type of players they are rather than being an attitude problem. That's the difference between them being Prem standard and not - which brings Coyle's judgement massively in to focus.

I'd accept much less for Chungy just now just to get him off the wage bill. I want to bang my head in to the wall when I remember that we paid £4m for NGog. To be honest I'd accept a low bid for him as well. If we could get four players in with the right attitude for the wages of those two in January, that would be good business.

Just a short word for Tim Ream who has pulled his finger out and shown exactly the right attitude. I still feels he's two or three inches short for central defence but overall he's dug deep and shown the commitment needed when the chips were down. Fair play to him.

• Site Supporter

when has ngog not been bothered? an Pratley??? wtf!?

and why bring money into the equation?

because somebody is paid more, do they have to have a better attitude?

and 'accept less to get him of the wage bill'???

if he is that shite and such a bad attitude what makes you think somebody else will pay him?

Edited by HomerJay

when has ngog not been bothered?

and why bring money into the equation?

because somebody is paid more, do they have to have a better attitude?

Yes they need to show a committed attitude all the time. And Ngog hasn't appeared bothered at all to me this season. Last season he only seemed bothered some of the time - the good parts being largely in the second half of the season.

Danns has changed his profile pic on Twitter to this. Clearly fell in love with the club :D

You might be right

neil danns @dannzy1 21h

Great win against a tough team , great support #OnwardsAndUpwards

Sounds like a nice lad too

some people like to get followers being controversial i like to gain them being inspirational #livinthedream

N'Gog isn't lazy he just plays "casually". His body language doesn't help

Pratley??!! He always puts a shift in. Even 2 seasons ago when he was bobbins

I'm not questioning Pratley's work rate or attitude at all. He just doesn't have an impact as often as he might. I can accept that - it is the type of player he is and the reason he's Championship standard and not Prem standard. Ngog still has the potential to be Prem standard but just doesn't apply himself consistently

I'm not questioning Pratley's work rate or attitude at all. He just doesn't have an impact as often as he might. I can accept that - it is the type of player he is and the reason he's Championship standard and not Prem standard. Ngog still has the potential to be Prem standard but just doesn't apply himself consistently

Pratley's impact from a wide position will always be limited. He'll work up and down all day, but there will be plenty of occasions when he has to run with the ball, and he's neither quick enough nor clever enough to do it. More often than not, he'll come back and look for help, which may or may or may not come quickly enough to save him getting caught in possession.

It's a shame, because he's not a bad player, but while he's playing wide, I think we'll see his limitations far more often than we see his strengths

If you play with one up, the one has to be a goal threat otherwise you are relying too much on goals from midfield. Ngog isn't a threat . He works hard but it's not enough. He's capable of more but most weeks he's not good enough.

Beckford is off the mark now. He will score goals. We need to sell Ngog for whatever we can get in jan and get him off the wage bill along with Chung.