Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Android Tv

aidybwfc

Turns out our phone line isn't stable….. hence we get intermittent broadband loss…. which in turn creates buffering or loss of coverage on the Droidbox.

Just need a phone engineer out to sort.

Same with my crappy talk talk internet, the only time i have a slight issue with my skybox is down to the internet connection dropping

Same with my crappy talk talk internet, the only time i have a slight issue with my skybox is down to the internet connection dropping

Does that Skybox need hard wiring to the router or will it work off wifi, like my android box does?

Trafster, your MashUp should've updated to the new version now.

Mine has and I lost all the favourites I'd saved.

Oh and a handy hint for all droidbox users.  When watching live streaming, ie Sky Sports, don't ever accidently press fast forward.  Mine locked up, so I had to re-boot and then found all my XBMC home screen settings had gone back to deault settings.  Grrr.  Took me about 20 mins to sort it all out again.

Ooh, found something else whilst fannying around with MashUp.

Go into MashUp

Select MashUp Settings

Select Home Layout

Scroll Down to Mash Sports and click OK so that the box is ticked.

(Whilst your at this you can untick all the other boxes that you never use, ie HD Releases, TV Latest, Genre, etc)

Now Click Ok.

You should see a revised menu list.

Click on Mash Sports....

You've now got a comprehensive list of live sports channels such ask Sky, BT, ESPN, Setanta, etc ... and At The Races ;)  The quality of these is really good too.  Miles better than the ones on Porky's Playlist.

You're welcome.

PS - Traf, I too am getting the instruction to update MashUp to 1.4.0 (I think) ... but I've searched all available updates and can't seem to find the one to do it.  Hopefully it should take care of itself automatically over the coming days, but until then just ignore it as it seems to be working just fine.

PPS - I'm expecting multiple reacharounds for this.

Splendid, it works just like you said

Fuckin shit this thing, sports are a no go, pictures are wank, trying to watch a film and it keeps buffering

Watch it using a different link and/or a different add-on.

Anyone who buys one of these boxes and expects to be getting HD sport and is also expecting it to be as easy to use as SKY is going to be sorely disappointed.

They require patience some a lot of the time, but for a cost of around £70 and everything that it gives you, it's a fucking bargain IMO.