Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Middlesbrough 1 Wanderers 0

Guest bwfcdan

Does anyone rember the night game at Ayresome park we took a small but lively support I think we were both up at the top end of the division. Anyhow after the game they opened the gates and facing the gates was an old terrace street grimly lit and all you could see was 100s of lads milling about just waiting for us to give us a good hiding, not one Bolton fan thought it was a good idea to leave the safety of the stadium, the police decided to close the gate and clear the path, 20 minutes later the gates reopened and the path was clear. Can't remember what year, think the game might of been a draw but the rest is very hazy any one know what year this was?

Guest bwfcdan

Didn't feel like that many

ImThere's a pub near the train station with a painting of a fella with a blue cap with BW in white letters on

I thought it was destiny

Then it was very cowd and we were shite

667 to be exact.

Guest bwfcdan

Remember the 1-1 game when Bo Hansen scored, that was the first season back in the Premiership. Frandsen got stretchered off in the first half. Took about 2,000 up there, good following.

Does anyone rember the night game at Ayresome park we took a small but lively support I think we were both up at the top end of the division. Anyhow after the game they opened the gates and facing the gates was an old terrace street grimly lit and all you could see was 100s of lads milling about just waiting for us to give us a good hiding, not one Bolton fan thought it was a good idea to leave the safety of the stadium, the police decided to close the gate and clear the path, 20 minutes later the gates reopened and the path was clear. Can't remember what year, think the game might of been a draw but the rest is very hazy any one know what year this was?

think it was about 86/87 pal. drew 0-0 and didn't mark gavin hit the post in the last few minutes ?  seem to recall it was the same night Lloyd Honeygan beat Don Curry to win the world title

We,thanks to our driver only made the last 10mins thanks to him taking a detour via York

Once went to their old ground and we won 1 0. After the game our coach had broken down and they tried to get lifts for everyone. In the end, 4 Of us left and we got a lift on the team bus. Fish and chips and bottles of Becks with Phil Brown, a quality day. The wins with Bo Hansen scoring and the McCann winner were also great.

Didn't feel like that many

ImThere's a pub near the train station with a painting of a fella with a blue cap with BW in white letters on

I thought it was destiny

Then it was very cowd and we were shite

That was one strange pub, proper feet stick to the floor place.

Probably in even though I know it will probably be freezing and shite

Was it around bonfire night? A few of there lads well men(I was around 17/18 and these were well on their late 30s) cam in our end and gave a good account of themselves. They were also throwing air bomb repeaters at us.

Mad night.

Boro at Ayresome was up there with Millwall, Chelsea & Brum as scary away trips.

Even though it's very different now ( like Bolton ) I still think it's a better day out than either Watford or Reading.

Iamin.

Was it around bonfire night? A few of there lads well men(I was around 17/18 and these were well on their late 30s) cam in our end and gave a good account of themselves. They were also throwing air bomb repeaters at us.

Mad night.

That sounds about right, and va va is right it's up there with Millwall and probably the old stoke ground as a scary place, I suppose Burnden was just as bad in the good old bad old days.

Mad night.

Just looked it was the day before bonfire night 86 and just 10,000 on, but remember the ground bouncing.

Just looked it was the day before bonfire night 86 and just 10,000 on, but remember the ground bouncing.

Fuck me I was only 15 no wonder I was a bit in awe if them.....

Remember the time they came Burnden prob around 88/9 hundreds if them in Sweet Green. Still think they were the best mob I've ever seen in Bolton.

Andy Todd's brother used to run with them, right headcase worked at Georgeon House for a while, last time I saw him he was being dragged in the back of a police van by four coppers after the final in Cardiff.

Fuck me I was only 15 no wonder I was a bit in awe if them.....

Remember the time they came Burnden prob around 88/9 hundreds if them in Sweet Green. Still think they were the best mob I've ever seen in Bolton.

Andy Todd's brother used to run with them, right headcase worked at Georgeon House for a while, last time I saw him he was being dragged in the back of a police van by four coppers after the final in Cardiff.

Total fucking barmpot him mate.

Used to always make a beeline for us at away games whilst Andy played for us.

I saw him at the front of their mob at there place giving it loads behind the police a few seasons ago..."Bolton wankers" and all that.

I was there that night. I don't know what we had done to piss them Boro lads off, but as you say nobody was up for having a go.

I remember it was when the old silk scarves became popular, fucking useless on a cold Deeside evening.