Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Should He Stay,or Should He Go ?

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

It's just a shame he's a red. I think he'd do a good job for us.

Plus he 'discovered' Craig Dawson amongst other decent players like Le Fondre.

Rochdale played well today in case I hadn't mentioned I'd been

In any case, patience is wearing thin, i really really think he was could he the reet fella, but not sure how much more a can take, worst start since 1911 or whatever it was then today glimpses have shown we can play well,

So frustrating

• Site Supporter

Get rid, get Phillips back in with Sammy Lee,

cant be any worse, wont cost us anymore this season that what we're already paying out (DF's pay to end of season).

They know the youth team well enough, they can replace the dead wood,

Get Eaves Back from loan and play him upfront with Davies,

White, Riley Bolger and Knight in defence

Eagles Medo Moritz and Hall/odelusi

Not totally stripping out the experience, bringing in young players who will want to play

Get rid, get Phillips back in with Sammy Lee,

cant be any worse, wont cost us anymore this season that what we're already paying out (DF's pay to end of season).

They know the youth team well enough, they can replace the dead wood,

Get Eaves Back from loan and play him upfront with Davies,

White, Riley Bolger and Knight in defence

Eagles Medo Moritz and Hall/odelusi

Not totally stripping out the experience, bringing in young players who will want to play

I think that team would get completely raped... like MORE than 7-1.

Honesly, I would only change a few... put Davies up top with Ngog, maybe White in at right full back and move Baptiste back to left, Ream and Mills in the centre.

Midfield would vary depending on the situation, but I'd have one of Medo or Spearing with one of Davies or Moritz, with Eagles and Chungy on the wings.

Edited by SnoopJohnnyJohn

All this who would we get in/ we don't have the cash is bullshit.

There's 2 very feasible options.

Promote from within, Jimmy Phillips with Sammy Lee alongside. It personally wouldn't be my choice because we're back at square 1 of being unproven etc, but there's no reason it couldn't happen.

The other option is you find the gem that's in league 1, 2 or even in the champ. There will be some in there it's just whether you trust Gartside to find them. If you could find the right person then 99% would jump at the chance. Let's be honest their remit would be to keep us up this year which is more than doable, then you've got a lot of the wage bill leaving in the summer and you start again next season. We're still a good option for any manager in the football league other than about 8 with a realistic chance of promotion to the prem this season

All this who would we get in/ we don't have the cash is bullshit.

The cash issue is less paying someone new, more paying off existing team. That's pretty obvious.

People saying get eaves back, have they seen him play.

He as to go. Do the stats say he's the worst we have had.

Eaves will get binned in close season. He's league one at best. That's probably being kind too.

The cash issue is less paying someone new, more paying off existing team. That's pretty obvious.

But that cash is already spent, it's a sunk cost. We pay Dougie and his team whether he is here as our manager or whether we sack him and have to pay his contract up.

The issue is that when we bring someone new in then we pay them as well as continuing to pay Dougie so IMO my point still stands, if you find the right person from a smaller club (harder than it sounds admittedly) then you would not have to stick them on a massive wage to persuade them to join us, if we are really struggling for cash then we sacrifice bringing in a player and that offsets the new managers wage.

The question then becomes what would make more of a difference, bringing in 1 more player with Freedman in charge or 1 less with another man in. I know which I'd prefer with the way it's going

• Site Supporter

was it not last week

the best we have played and he was up there with god

JSL

Yes!

But that dizzy cunt seems to have ignored all the good things about that game and reverted to the same tinpot formation that has ensured several bumming a already this season.

We are capable of competing, that's what really pisses me off, but freedman then baffles by doing what he did today.

Repeat until vomit

• Moderators

We are capable of competing, that's what really pisses me off, but freedman then baffles by doing what he did today.

Blatant moaners aside, that's where most minds seem to have been this season

Some say there's bigger picture

suspect it's quite the minority now

Yes!

But that dizzy cunt seems to have ignored all the good things about that game and reverted to the same tinpot formation that has ensured several bumming a already this season.

Repeat until vomit

4 4 fucking 2 are you takeing the piss we need

four four fucking four

• Site Supporter

Davies, Bolger Kamara, butterfield, Dawson, De ridder Hall , Danny Butterfield, Baptiste, Hall (Purchase) Tierney, White, Wilkinson, Beckford, Fraser, Bukran, Moritz, Lee-Barett, Spearing (Purchase), Danns, Feeney, McNaughton, Mason.

that's 21 altogether... (excluding Hall and Spearing signing twice).

so saying he doesn't have the players is a shite excuse,

If hes getting players for the youth system its pointless till the 1st team is stabilised. Baring in mind we're probably heavily subsidising Keith Andrews and Marvin Sordell,

I am now firmly in the get rid camp, the 'italian' style is not working, there is no chance playing the way he wants us to play will give us a run up the table, it is too negative

pay their wages and fuck them off, get jimmy phillips in, fuck it, get mcginlay in as assisstant (both till end of season) get some passion in the dressing room 

whats Bruce Rioch doing these days?