Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Collymore / Twitter

Sweep

I can't see that this has been covered elsewhere on here, so I'll start:

It looks like Collymore has been receiving death threat and racial slurs again on twitter: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25838114 and the police are getting involved

Now, no matter that your thoughts are on Collymore (and for the record, I quite like listening to him on the radio.......even though he is a wife-beating dogger) - why do folk think it's sensible behaviour to tweet such stuff to a person?  -  do they think it's untraceable?  -  would they actually abuse him to his face?

What kind of thruster actually sends tweets directly to Footballers/Chairmen/Managers (or "famous" peole in general) with the sole intent of abusing them?

Is anybody on here going to admit sending abusive tweets to famous folks?

I think I once replied to Stu Holden, in a positive way. Otherwise, you have to be wired up wrong.

I've sent a couple of tweets to Holden and I think Danns recently - only fairly positive stuff, as you would expect.

Has anybody ever actually received a jail term yet for twitter/facebook abuse? - I know there was talk of it the other year, but I'm not sure if anybody has been sent down for it yet

Sent Stuart Machonie a message once saying I liked his book. Got a nice response back.

Other than that my twitter account is just full of work contacts, so I leave it to just work stuff  re-posting articles, discussion points from conferences, promoting work and using it for paid for promotional tweets.

Other than that, its just a sounding board for famous folk and people who seem a little too insecure in their real lives to have a pop at them.

I know he's a bit of a cunt (or he used to be) - I think he's good listening on the radio though, certainly better than most broadcasters, at least he generally knows what he is talking about.

That picture does always make me smile though

He's happy to take stick from things he's done, womanbeater, dogger etc. But folk are mentioning slavery, threatening to turn up at his house and kill him etc. That can't be right can it?

It's certainly not right.

Do you reckon some people still think that actions put on the internet can't/won't have any repercussions. Obviously most of that stuff will be coming from kids, but no doubt there will be fully grown adults joining in there as well

• Moderators

Bloke on the radio was saying we all have these thoughts "hope you get raped" etc. I don't!

But he said if you said them to other people, you'd get feedback, funny looks or get put straight but in the internet, it just comes out.

I'm a twatterite and have exchanged with a few footballers including our own an other "minor celebs"

I like it as it's fun

I even exchanged with Alfie after his hat trick in a pleasant way

Through no other medium would this opportunity be so readily available

Unfortunately this access comes with a downside and that's just the way it is

These nobhead a have always existed; just their previous platform would be something less instant, direct or maybe to beat their wife / kick their cat or down a couple of gallons of Stella

I'm a twatterite

Mrs CWP knows cock all about twitter, anyway she was reading my twitter feed and saw something that you had posted. She asked if you were really a Duke.

I said yes, and she went "oh, wow" and then got back to doing whatever it was she was doing.

I don't do twitter but it reminds me of that advert that mentions your online self, who is wittier, sportier and better looking then your actual self.

Folk on twitter just seem to big themselves up or act the arsehole with famous people. Do any normal folk use it?

Cant he not block his abusers?

You can block them yes -   blocking them doesn't make it right though does it.

Obviously he would only block people once they've "abused" him, by that time it's too late, as the abuse has already been doled out