Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Rugby League Thread

Pie Eater

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2022 at 22:22, Leyther_Matt said:

As is my duty as a Leigh fan, I wanted Salford to get stuffed every week. However, it’s good to hear of a Rowley team chucking the ball about so successfully. Some of his Leigh sides played some irresistible stuff. 

As a Swinton fan I agree with you, I would love to see them get smashed every week but to be fair they look good when attacking, your old mate Ryan Brierley joins the line really well, just his defending can be a bit ropey.

• 1 month later...

Just watched the rugby final and by fuck some of them tackles must hurt but no drama from the players, they just get up and get on with it, turned over for the Scotland V Ireland football game and after 10 minutes I've had enough of the sift cunts rolling round like girls every time somebody goes near them the play acting tw@s, the good news is the Jocks are losing

Don't think Saints really got out of second gear, but a good game all the same. First Grand Final I've attended in about a decade and a good day out. The tram line towards the Trafford Centre is a proper game changer. Back in Leigh within 1 hr 55 of the final hooter and that included 50 minutes at TC having a pint while waiting for the next bus back to Leigh.

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Don't think Saints really got out of second gear, but a good game all the same. First Grand Final I've attended in about a decade and a good day out. The tram line towards the Trafford Centre is a proper game changer. Back in Leigh within 1 hr 55 of the final hooter and that included 50 minutes at TC having a pint while waiting for the next bus back to Leigh.

Quicker than the 34 for me getting into Manc, 126 to TC and tram to town.

• 3 weeks later...