Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plane Down

Horwich

• 11 months later...
  • Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

9 years ago today that, wow.

Some of the stuff around it, is just mental

Turns out it was carrying a load of mysterious cargo that some think was stolen US surveillance kit being smuggled to China.

Reckon the US found out and dealt with it…

43 minutes ago, Spider said:

Some of the stuff around it, is just mental

Turns out it was carrying a load of mysterious cargo that some think was stolen US surveillance kit being smuggled to China.

Reckon the US found out and dealt with it…

Is that covered in this Netflix doc? I'll have to have a watch of it, one of the biggest mysteries in history.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Is that covered in this Netflix doc? I'll have to have a watch of it, one of the biggest mysteries in history.

Yep. There’s 3 main theories and 2 of them are so mental that they could just be true.

just.

Either way, when you find out that section of Asia is one of the most heavily covered by radar and military surveillance, it does make you wonder how they all missed a massive fucking passenger plane flying about off its course…

On 08/03/2023 at 23:32, Spider said:

Yep. There’s 3 main theories and 2 of them are so mental that they could just be true.

just.

Either way, when you find out that section of Asia is one of the most heavily covered by radar and military surveillance, it does make you wonder how they all missed a massive fucking passenger plane flying about off its course…

Just finished it

Planes don’t just disappear

I’m with theory 3

Muricans dunnit 

Don’t reckon its in Kazhakstan, that’s for sure. Leaving 2 other theories. Pilot or 3rd party taking it off course seems most likely. And of those 2, probably a 3rd party. But who and why? And why not just down it at the first given opportunity?

Debris that the woman from Florida found on the satellite images - that seemed to be skirted over a little too easily. Seems more to that. One of the pieces definitely looked to have the tail fin logo on it.

Indiana Jones searching beaches on Africa’s east coast and finding bits and bobs seemed incredible.

8 hours ago, Smiley said:

Don’t reckon its in Kazhakstan, that’s for sure. Leaving 2 other theories. Pilot or 3rd party taking it off course seems most likely. And of those 2, probably a 3rd party. But who and why? And why not just down it at the first given opportunity?

Debris that the woman from Florida found on the satellite images - that seemed to be skirted over a little too easily. Seems more to that. One of the pieces definitely looked to have the tail fin logo on it.

Indiana Jones searching beaches on Africa’s east coast and finding bits and bobs seemed incredible.

She was a fruit loop that woman who said she'd found debris in the sea. Why are they always American?

That Indiana Jones guy had it right, and he's another fruit loop, if it was shot down in the place suggested by the French woman who thinks two AWACS planes ganged up on it then it would require a gigantic conspiracy involving thousands of people and a number of countries that don't like eachother, to keep the secret.

Not to mention a massive clean up operation in a sea crossed on and over daily, conducted in secret, and hoping not a shred of debris washed up on any of the neighbouring countries beaches that would bring the whole plot down.

What I am with them to a point on is though, if there were two US AWACS flying in the area at the time, and if it did cross military radar over a number of countries, why haven't any of them come forward with the recordings of what they saw and where it went? A 777 that's gone quiet flying over countries would get intercepted in minutes, surely.

By the way the Kazakhstan theory made me laugh out loud and nearly turn it off immediately. Aviation expert him!

Kazakhstan!

Like the US wouldn't have thought twice about showing evidence of that to the world if it helped demonise Russia even more.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

By the way the Kazakhstan theory made me laugh out loud and nearly turn it off immediately. Aviation expert him!

Kazakhstan!

Like the US wouldn't have thought twice about showing evidence of that to the world if it helped demonise Russia even more.

So where did you land? 

I lean towards suicide 

I didn't trust the French woman because she had a book to sell 

The other guy even admitted he was just trying to come up with a theory because someone had to 

Still a few questions though 

Like why did the French guy claim former FBI tell him about awocs 

And how did Indiana find debris so easily 

32 minutes ago, Zico said:

So where did you land? 

I lean towards suicide 

I didn't trust the French woman because she had a book to sell 

The other guy even admitted he was just trying to come up with a theory because someone had to 

Still a few questions though 

Like why did the French guy claim former FBI tell him about awocs 

I think maybe I lean towards suicide too, or some catastrophic event onboard but that still wouldn't explain the crazy deviation off the flight path. There's no straightforward explanation but that's what let's all thr crazy theories thrive unfortunately.

I watched that doc as people in work were debating it like it was this serious piece of television but half way through it just started sounding a bit disrespectful to the victims and families. It's always the same few family members interviewed on these things, the French guy is everywhere!

37 minutes ago, Spider said:

AWACS don’t carry weapons do they?

No I think the insinuation was they teamed up to jam its electronics and sensors and then "something else" took it out. 

There would be so much evidence available open source and from hostile countries if that happened.

And all because America didn't want some mobile phone technology making it to China, when they're already close to being on par with capability anyway? I don't buy it.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I think maybe I lean towards suicide too, or some catastrophic event onboard but that still wouldn't explain the crazy deviation off the flight path. There's no straightforward explanation but that's what let's all thr crazy theories thrive unfortunately.

I watched that doc as people in work were debating it like it was this serious piece of television but half way through it just started sounding a bit disrespectful to the victims and families. It's always the same few family members interviewed on these things, the French guy is everywhere!

No I think the insinuation was they teamed up to jam its electronics and sensors and then "something else" took it out. 

There would be so much evidence available open source and from hostile countries if that happened.

And all because America didn't want some mobile phone technology making it to China, when they're already close to being on par with capability anyway? I don't buy it.

Aye

Im with the pilot suicide theory. He had all the simulator stuff at home and they said he’d flown routes that weren’t standard on it.

He knew exactly when to turn the comms off and probably the routes least likely to alert military.

Presume he switched the oxygen to the cabin off and everyone suffocated before he did the same.

Its at the bottom of the Indian Ocean innit

12 hours ago, Zico said:

First bit washing up In Reunion shows that it was finally coming to land, he goes to the two next logical places and finds debris. People hadn't found it before as it was still at sea. Don't see any mystery here, other than the producers trying there hardest to add in some extra drama/tension.

Watched the third one again being a geek

Still see the AWACS having summat to do with it. Not sure what. Maybe not deliberate? Combination of them planes and the suicide theory?

Can’t take that Indiana bloke seriously. Not quite right how he rocks up and previously unfound bits turn up when he’s there

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

First bit washing up In Reunion shows that it was finally coming to land, he goes to the two next logical places and finds debris. People hadn't found it before as it was still at sea. Don't see any mystery here, other than the producers trying there hardest to add in some extra drama/tension.

It was more the fact he found it pretty much right away with camera crews ready on hand to film him doing so  

As though no one has ever walked down the beach before then and not noticed plane debris, or had, and just ignored it 

It seemed very easy for him, like he knew something no one else did 

Because where to look wouldn't have escaped the thoughts of everyone else involved

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

It was more the fact he found it pretty much right away with camera crews ready on hand to film him doing so  

As though no one has ever walked down the beach before then and not noticed plane debris, or had, and just ignored it 

It seemed very easy for him, like he knew something no one else did 

Because where to look wouldn't have escaped the thoughts of everyone else involved

But none of the debris looked obviously like pieces of an aeroplane, easy to miss if you arent specifically looking for it. The places didn't look very developed so no tourists and locals only looking for anything of value/use so likely to ignore them. It was also 1.5 years later, most people will have forgotten if they even knew in the first place. 

The camera is convenient, but he looks the type to record everything and possibly staged for the first piece

23 hours ago, Spider said:

Aye

Im with the pilot suicide theory. He had all the simulator stuff at home and they said he’d flown routes that weren’t standard on it.

He knew exactly when to turn the comms off and probably the routes least likely to alert military.

Presume he switched the oxygen to the cabin off and everyone suffocated before he did the same.

Its at the bottom of the Indian Ocean innit

They mentioned the route to the Southern Indian Ocean on his simulator. But they had the information from virtually day 1 but then took forever to release it. But when you watch the documentary they aren’t actually clear that he had simulated that route. They started drawing over the screen and its seemingly got dismissed.

Why no suicide note? Why not just nose dive it into the sea as soon as it cleared Malaysia?

Can the pilot really turn off the oxygen for the rest of the plane?

Can the pilot access the technology to switch off all the radars?

I’m not sure the answer to those last 2 is ‘yes’. So that doesn’t add up.

IF, he could do those 2. Why wait 7 hours before the plan ran out of fuel? What benefit is that to anyone? What statement is he making? 

There was no evidence to suggest he did this or was in the mindset to do this.