Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

To be honest, there's not many folk I take an instant dislike to but David Morris is one such person. On the occasions he makes an appearance at the Rigbys he seems to strut around as if he owns the place. His dad's as bad. Treating folk who volunteer to do things for the club like shit.

They've all been at Bradshaw for enough years to have learned a bit of humility but never have done.

Bradshaw CC owes them nothing.

I know Dave and he isn't that bad. He is a real competitor which rubs up folk the wrong way but that drive has given him a great career in the league.

That incident with your bowler and his kit last season was typical of Dave, anything to gain an edge, just like an Aussie.

i'll never knock mopsy the crickter /captain. one of the best captains the league and shire have ever had. iam on about his persona off it, 

little man syndrome,iam better than you, paper millionaire. you name it he has it.

iam somebody whos known him and his family all my life as our parents played in same team. 

I know Dave and he isn't that bad. He is a real competitor which rubs up folk the wrong way but that drive has given him a great career in the league.

That incident with your bowler and his kit last season was typical of Dave, anything to gain an edge, just like an Aussie.

I agree, played with him for 5 years back in early 90's for Bradshaw, he's a top bloke, I must owe him about 500 pints as I never had any cash back then as I was a tax dodging student so it was always his round. Never a problem.

• Site Supporter

One of the things he has going in his favour is that he is wadded. One of the traits that goes against it is that he loves everyone to know just how wadded he is. 

There are plenty folk significantly better off than others. The mark of the man; whether you're the one without the dosh or the one with, is the way you deal with it. Mopsy is a cock who will happily buy everyone a beer if it means they'll like him. That, in my eyes, makes him a prick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...