Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

• Site Supporter

Could someone explain to me how Egerton expected to leave the BCL for GMCL but still have their juniors playing in the BCL?

Alternatively, explain to me how the CURRENT senior players paid scant regard for their juniors.

In my opinion, GMCL will be the death of junior cricket at the former BCL clubs because parents will take their kids out of Egerton and towards local BCL clubs where there are already thriving junior sections.

Personal opinion here, and it's from a bit of what I've heard.

Egerton and Greenmount have voted to move to gmcl. That's as a club, juniors and seniors.

I believe Egerton have took a sly dig at BCL junior cricket in today's BEN. I don't see why having a dig at anyone is necessary.

Any club that comes into the new BCL will be expected to play junior sides in the BCL.

No mixing and matching.

I don't think Egerton or Greenmount have asked for there juniors to stay in BCL.

Good luck to both clubs.

Gmcl has been a massive kick up the arse to other leagues. It's now got the Bolton Leagues in a position where all players has wanted it to be for years

Just read the BEN. I see nobody has put there name to Egertons statement. There's some absolute bullshit in that.

You're moving as a club. Good luck and don't look back in anger. The GMCL prospectus is still shiny in my kitchen. I read it, they expect your juniors to be part of the GMCL.

I don't know about that.

I've not seen that email mate. I can imagine it's sent from Ivory Towers though.

What I don't understand is why they are both bitter towards a league that has helped them develop and play the most competitive cricket on offer for years and years.

• Site Supporter

Word is, Egerton are getting lancs county cricket board involved to force BCL to accept the juniors. Strange, for a club which moved for the better chances of junior cricket.

I wonder if the person speaking pro-gmcl has kind of omitted a free major sticking points from his speech.

So I've got this right, they want to move their seniors to the GM League but leave their juniors in the Bolton League?

Fucking idiots.

If juniors stop playing cricket then there will be no leagues in a few years. Maybe all these clubs jumping ship need to take this into consideration first.

Edited by DazBob

From what I read that isn't what they want to do. BCL doesn't meet their needs for junior cricket (maximum one team per age group) whereas GMCL does so this is one of the reasons they have given for leaving.

Some of the older leagues and clubs are coming across quite stubborn and negative about GMCL to me. It might not work but change is probably required as participation levels are down. Many blame this on move from terrestrial TV but that's another thread altogether