Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

Just found out some more information.. Basically, according to play cricket you had 2 players that had only played 1 game prior to the cup game. "Y Bashir" and "A Hussain". The rules stipulate you must play 2 games so an appeal was raised which has been overturned "on the balance of probabilites". I'm not au fait with league practices but are the teamsheets completed by captains not stored somewhere for review? Thus not needing to make a decision on the "balance of probabilites"

Score books can easily be amended to suit whereas teamsheets are in the possession of umpires from before the game starts. I know if I was completing an audit it would be done based on Teamsheets.

Edited by olispence

The lads will have their games in. Fook me, the league have already made an example of us. We wouldn't contemplate falling foul to a simple misdemeanour. They've got a decent side out Sunday I believe. Has Chalkie got his games in?

Just spoke to captain to confirm and Y.Bashir has his games in, the only problem was he has been recorded as 'unsure' on a couple of occasions.

That's playcricket for you though, even I have been recorded as unsure and everyone knows I'm shite.

Yeah he's even played for us a couple of times. They're all registered. Wether there's eleven of them with 8 games should they reach the final is a different matter. They're all fine for Sunday though and all were fine for the previous round, just been 'unsure'

Tbf to Olimong, there are plenty of joeys who aren't even second team level, yet feel they're qualified to talk about cricket.

Your self-denigration is just one of the many things I admire about you.

Such a humble man.

All the unsures have been input by kearsley opponents, so not even Kearsleys fault this one.

We have a decent team out, could of been a better one.

Exactly, basically when they've spelt a name wrong then it doesn't automatically come up on the squad list they've just put unsure.