Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Looking forward to the season starting, anyone travelling to our place, Heywood, this season and I’m not playing happily have a pint waiting for you. 

Good luck to all playing and to the teams you support! 

Went to Heywood last season. Some cunt had a pair of Ray Bans away.

Edited by MickyD
Spellcheck strikes again!

2 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Looking forward to the season starting, anyone travelling to our place, Heywood, this season and I’m not playing happily have a pint waiting for you. 

Good luck to all playing and to the teams you support! 

Might add you to my cricket tour, I like to get out of a weekend for a few beers watching cricket.

• Site Supporter

@MickyD @Tonge moor green jacket Well that’s no good, sorry you both had poor experiences down the club. I’ve not been aware of any theft issues before in my time there. Happy to peruse if needed. Not sure about the smoking coach too if you give us some more details will pass on to the junior coaching lot, 

It’s a well run club, again sorry for your bad experiences. 

@traf do pop down, think we play Bradshaw and Heaton this season so may be a few off here over. 

@L/H White Gin Pit is a very good set up, they have a cracking social set up, always a good place to play or watch. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

@MickyD @Tonge moor green jacket Well that’s no good, sorry you both had poor experiences down the club. I’ve not been aware of any theft issues before in my time there. Happy to peruse if needed. Not sure about the smoking coach too if you give us some more details will pass on to the junior coaching lot, 

@traf do pop down, think we play Bradshaw and Heaton this season so may be a few off here over. 

@L/H White Gin Pit is a very good set up, they have a cracking social set up, always a good place to play or watch. 

Not a bad experience of your club mate. It was my lad's fault for leaving his top!

As for the umpire, it was my lad's coach; he was a cock.

Your club seemed perfectly fine.

9 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

I'll come when you're not playing Bradshaw or Heaton, then 😉

22 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

it is, I pushed the little one up in her pram a fair bit last season during the week when they had the 20/20 games on

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Big one on Saturday We (Heaton) come to Bradshaw. Not sure I’ll get down though as 2nds at Home.

Hope our 1sts follow the 15s tonight, we’ve just gone top of the league with a victory V Bradshaw.

Big game for our lads next Monday, top of the table clash V Edgeworth.

• Moderators
On 14/05/2022 at 22:49, MickyD said:

Just spent the day at Greenfield watching Bradshaw.

Very pretty little ground surrounded by high hills.

Bradshaw knocked 325 for 6 then skittled Greenfield for 148

Lovely spot

Worked there 9 months, shallow gene pool is very obvious