Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lancs

• 2 weeks later...

Lancs have taken the final 7 Somerset wickets for 92 runs this morning. Shame about the 323 runs that the top 3 put on yesterday!

Somerset 420 A O.

A good toss to win and bat yesterday with favorable bowling conditions today.

Hopefully the rain this afternoon  has meant that we cannot now lose this game during the next 2 days.

Lancs will start tomorrow (day 3) on 22/2 in their 1st Innings

Probably jinxed us with that silly comment.  :angry2:

Lancs are now 13/0 Following on still 204 runs behind with a full day tomorrow to come.

Need to bat this final session and hope for rain tomorrow

Probably jinxed us with that silly comment.  :angry2:

Lancs are now 13/0 Following on still 204 runs behind with a full day tomorrow to come.

Need to bat this final session and hope for rain tomorrow

Can't score enough; going back down, I fear

Can't score enough; going back down, I fear

Unfortunately I think so too.

With Lancs and Northants really struggling I am actually coming round to the idea there is a bit of a gulf between D1 and D2.

Always heard this mentioned by pundits when arguing between players for England but always disregarded it previously

Edited by ex_midlandwhite

Unfortunately I think so too.

With Lancs and Northants really struggling I am actually coming round to the idea there is a bit of a gulf between D1 and D2.

Always heard this mentioned by pundits when arguing between players for England but always disregarded it previously

Not having that at all to be honest. We won it 2011 then relegated 2012. Its pretty tight in terms of quality of teams imo.

We have seemed to struggle batting for years but never had any problems bowling. I think Moores staying might have helped but It does look like we are only going one way sadly.

Edited by tylswhite

i was wondering if it was the same players

i see brown is back in

Ah right. I thought you were going to say well they tore it up last year so this year should be the same :thumbsup:

The Yorkshire game was a shame as we had them right where we wanted them but the weather stuffed it.

On a positive note its dull and wet here in the Trafford park area.

No outstanding batter in the Top 6. Maybe Prince but he is well out of form.

Need to bring a big overseas player next season who can bat and has finished playing TM cricket so we dont lose them mid season.

Never gonna be able to compete in the top league without 2 good solid dependable batsmen. Only one performing with the bat is Tom Smith and hes also opening the bowling.

Been unlucky (or bad management by Moores) also in regards to letting Gareth Cross go and replacing him with Buttler who always had a chance of making the England Setup this season Shirley??