Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Leicester 1

davidjack

• Moderators

That average figure is a good sign - it's brought down to 8 quid by all those younger fans who are now going for less than it would cost to go to the cinema. It doesn't help those though who, as I say, want to turn up for games here and there but to do so must pay 3 or 4 times that average figure. If we're going to get more people in - which is what I thought we were talking about - thus improving the atmosphere, helping the team and bringing more money into the club, then we need to look at making it cheaper. Or we rely on a season ticket base which will inevitably dwindle unless things pick up. Is all.

that average figure is not a good sign

unless you live in some lala land

our matchday income is among the lowest in the league

its not good

It's a good sign that it includes the next generation of fans - something the club neglected through the 80s and 90s. Double the average if it makes you feel better... but we'll be playing to crowds of less than 10k in no time.

If we're relying on the match day income then we are well and truly fucked anyway. Yes it's a lot more important than in the Premier League, but it's still a small proportion of our overall income (whilst we still have the parachute payments). I'd much rather take a bit less in anyway but hold and build our support base. We had more than a decade of average crowds which never dipped below 20k (and several seasons around and above 25k). How long do you think it'll take til we're getting a third of that if we carry on charging 30 quid for an on the day ticket?

I thought first half we were poor.  Chungy had given the ball away 3 times in the first 4 minutes.

Second half, with the change in formation, we looked quite good for 20 minutes, but against a good side, you can't afford to miss the

opportunities we had.  Just how many 1 v 1's has Beckford missed this season ??

Great finish for their goal, just typifiying why they are going up and we aren't. 

Game then drifted away.

Some positives, but overall, a lot of work to do if we want to challenge next year.

Edited by marple whites

I may change my mind....I normally do, but it's mind numbing football and this shit fan is bored 90% of the matches I've seen this season

And it's the club that will miss out when xxxx others feel the same way

People around me at the Barnsley match were bored & fed-up. The bus away from the Reebok/Macro afterwards was quiet as the grave, with only disgruntled murmurs to be heard. In-laws who'd been at the match all felt it had been awful. And we'd won.

I think the majority have already made their minds up.

Edited by Rembrandt

As for the Leicester match ......

Playing 4 (wow !) centre-backs and introducing White as a, erm, wing-back (?) went spectacularly wrong, but we held on till half-time. Going to 4-4-2 improved things and we had plenty of chances to score but fluffed them all.

How we managed to be so disorganised and chaotic at the back from a Leicester goal-kick was pretty shocking - I assume the players were still dragging themselves back down the pitch. The Leicester lad took the goal in great fashion though.

And then the last few minutes + added time were bizarre. We had Leicester penned back into their final third and wasted time walking around midfield making slow passing movements instead of showing some urgency - it was only 0-1, for fook's sake.

For champions, Leicester looked solid but not all that good, tho it was only one game. We looked pretty lost - and it's not just the one game.